Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a friends 1999 626 V6 Auto tranny.

It cranks, but will not start. It pops over with starting fluid so its Fuel Related. Just want to say before I get into it, the manual is wrong about jumping Pin 30 to ground at the fuel pump relay (labeled CIRCUIT) to manually run the fuel pump. Its OBDII. If you look at the wiring diagram, thats the positive side of the pump, and the ground wire to the pump goes straight to ground. Its should say jump from 87 to 30 to run the pump. And that does run my pump. I pulled the fuel line off the discharge side of the fuel filter, ran a 5/16" line to a 5 gallon can, did the jump and the flow was excellent. Didnt check pressure.

here is my problem: The pump wont pump with the key in the run or start position. The lite blue (85) wire that goes from the fuel pump relay socket to the PCM is not getting a ground thru the PCM. I have voltage on the 86 pin, but with no ground the relay wont latch, and if the relay wont latch, no connection between 87 to 30 and fuel wont flow. I pulled the cover off the relay and it wont latch in any scenario. Swapped relays, and bench tested the relay I opened up, its functional.

So why wont the PCM provide ground for the FUEL RELAY?

Imobilizer? (not even sure if I have one BTW)

Crank Position Sensor?

Bad PCM?

I did latch the relay (forcing the pump to run) with a tiny wood dowel while my buddy cranked it, still no start.

No DCT Codes either.

Any ideas would be welcome!

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Collège Ahuntsic engineering diploma writemyessayfast.ca

Hi,

I had the same with my 2002 Mazda 626. I replaced the fuel pump, but it didn't help. A tripped inertia switch caused the problem. The inertia switch must be reset, in case you cannot hear the pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts