Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling a set of mx6 cross drilled race brakes from a mx6 turbo track car, (front two only), these are professionally made from the standard mx6 front discs.

Make me an offer, i will post pictures in a few days..

i want $200 plus

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are second hand front discs in perfect condition but since they were cross drilled they were never actually used on the track, they are one of many spares they have, i bought myself a set aswell and thought i would buy another and sell on this forum.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
What makes these race brakes?

If these are the standard discs, but have been drilled, you may find they are in fact dangerous and will crack when at a good temperature.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you dont want to buy it keep your opinion to yourself, because quite frankly you have no idea of what you are saying...did i mentioned they were professionally made? the track car that is running the exact same type of brake hasnt had any problems, and im guessing that the temps that car reaches as apposed to yours is 10 fold..

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm always interested to know what is out there to better develop my car...if this something special I may indeed be interested.

My comments were made for two reasons.

* To allow you to explain further exactly what these brakes are. "Race brakes" isn't a description.

* To make sure a dodgy product isn't being sold to our members

My brakes get plenty hot with the driving I do, I am also unaware of an MX6 "track" cars competing in Australia.

Pete

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Hey Peter...

I don't want to say I told you so. But remember that post about the turbo???

Jules.

Where did you get them from? Maybe we could ring them and find out more details? Or you could put those pics up that you said you would?

Tripharn

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Talking behind my back ay Tri***ot? lol...

This is why i dont visit this forum anymore...just bull**** left right and centre. Now i cant even sell something without critisism lol...

lol...

Tri****, the day you modify your car is the day you can speak, untill then shut the **** up..and get a life, you seem to live on this forum

Peter...stop being so critical..i dont need to explain jack, it was just a ****en heading...

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ you guys are like a ****en bad relationship..

Cya

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
b!tch fight!

give it a rest guys

jules - pics and info mate
everyone else - ease up

btw jules - they were not 'professionaly made'
they were 'professionaly modified'

ahhhhh don't you love syntax??

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
hey guys,
first of all give jules a break, for as long as he's been here he's coped ****, secondly let him respond to everyone and include some infomation before saying too much, also i do agree that a product like this must be checked out before anything went ahead due to the danger (there modified brakes)
also u said u wanted 200 + for them, i noe you can get slotted for around the same price.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Jules calm down, people were just offering their advice, not bagging you out, this doesnt have to get personal

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Jules,

I'm not being critical, I am asking for more information. That shouldn't be so hard to provide seeing as you are offering these for sale. You have been on these forums quite a while now, making many claims, and everytime you are asked for information on it, or asked to prove something, you jump up and down like a spoilt 6 year old whinging about why people question or criticise you. Grow up!

In particular for these brakes, your post raises many questions, none of which you seem happy to answer. There are very few TRUE manufacturers of "professionally" made brakes, and I doubt you went to DBA to get custom manufactured rotors for your MX6. Explain what you have for sale, so that interested parties can make an educated offer. If these are, as they seem to be, standard MX6 discs, "professionally" drilled, then they are not "race brakes", let alone even safe for hard use.

If you don't like this forum or it's members, feel free to leave. Everytime you make a post, and get questioned, you turn it into a ****fight. For example, Tripharn didn't say anything "behind your back"...he made a public post in your turbo forum about it.

Pete

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol, grow up /spolit huh??? Peter, Peter, dont make this bigger than what it is.

Firstly, i dont have access to digital cameras unless my mates are over, for that reason, i seldom post pics anymore.

As for more information about the turbo, which i have sold, what more information do you want than it was a t3/t4 hi-flow..if that explaination is good enough for pricision turbocharges is sydney, who i may add are professionals, then to laymen it should be more than sufficent.

As for brakes from DBA, you may want to retract your statement, i have just picked up my pair of CUSTOM CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS from DBA..what say you now??????? THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN, YOU GUYS NEEDS PHOTO PROOF FOR EVERYTHING. Some people have other lives and dont have the time to document everything. I take photos when i can...you should take the word of a person. Oh and just to cover my tracks, the reason they are not fitted at the present time is because i have stated many times before, im preparing for drage combat

See the problem on here is the fact that myself along with those who have come before, have always received **** for trying to further image of the MX6

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
lol, grow up /spolit huh???

Firstly, i dont have access to digital cameras unless my mates are over, for that reason, i seldom post pics anymore.

As for more information about the turbo, which i have sold, what more information do you want than it was a nissan t3/t4 hi-flow..if that explaination is good enough for pricision turbocharges in sydney, who i may add are professionals, then to laymen it should be more than sufficent. And the joke is that the people who buy them dont ask as many questions as those you just stick their nose in and 'window shop'

As for your comment about how you "doubt" that i went to DBA and had custom brakes fabricated you may want to retract your statement, i have just picked up a pair of CUSTOM CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS which i ordered from DBA 3 weeks ago..what say you now??????? THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN, YOU GUYS NEEDS PHOTO PROOF FOR EVERYTHING. Some people have other lives and dont have the time to document everything. I take photos when i can...you should take the word of a person.

www.totalrpm.com/carimages/Julian-Lvnt.jpg

See the problem on here is the fact that myself along with those who have come before me, have always received **** for trying to further the stance of the MX6

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Jules,

In all seriousness, the reason why people question you all the time is because of a couple of claims you have made, with little or no proof. Then when obviously realise you are beaten, all you do insult people, as in this thread. I'm not trying to pick on you, but look at this list.

1. The whole bodykit thing.
2. The 6" lowered car.
3. The T3/T4 turbo (Which by the way, is not enough information. Look it up, you will find 100's of combinations possible, ranging from 50 to 500hp)
4. Saying you got 220kW ATW with that turbo and you are upgrading?? You had no dyno sheets, and nothing to back it up.
5. These rotors, of which you are probably only angry about us questioning it, because you are trying to make money.

When ever you are questioned about anything, you come back with insults, and some of them are really stupid and unfounded. Like 'You can't talk, because you haven't done any mods to your car'. Like that even matters??? Which of course is wrong, as you don't know what mods, I do or don't have.

Good luck with the sale.
Tripharn

PS. On reading your 2nd post (thinking it was a double post I just skimmed it) I noticed that you said it was a Nissan hi-flowed turbo. Where as on your previous thread you stated that it was custom built, turbo designed specifically for the F2T. Care to explain? (I'm not calling you a liar... but that is what you said, but unfortunately PeterD took out half your posts.)

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Jules, as has been said before, people were just asking for clarification, initially you didnt say if they were modified/cross drilled rotors or proper drilled ones.

Stop taking everything personally. If you dont like what questions people ask you then you dont have to stick around here do you?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
How hard would it have been to call this post....

DBA Cross Drilled and slotted rotors for sale.

Instead of trying to make out like they are something out of the ordinary. DBA have been making DBA Cross Drilled and slotted rotors for years, they didn't just make them because you went and asked them to make a mold of your standard mx6 rotors.

Interesting how I had to mention the name DBA before you piped up that they were DBA rotors. Any trying to sell a pair of professionally made rotors should have gladly mentioned they were DBA's straight away.

And for your further information, I have used these rotors previously, as have many others before you, and found them to be insufficient for my needs. The casting process used for the cross drilling leads to the rotors cracking in some cases under extreme temperatures, definately something unsuitable for a "race" car.

For your car, if you plan on dragging etc only, they should be fine though, but something to be aware of anyway. Hope they serve your purpose well. Oh, and for your guys interested in these, there you go, now you know what you are paying money for, wasn't that hard now...was it?

Pete

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
lol, read this very very very carefully Pete.

1. Firstly, i never said that my DBA's were for sale, i merely capatalised on your assumption that you made.

2. Secondly, the brakes that were for sale, but have now sold, have nothing to do with the DBA's. They were professionally made by another company. The reason i was selling them was because i had already ordered the set of DBA's

3. Geez you must think you know everything and i know jack... Just to point out something, i never stated nor did i imply that DBA havent been in the Brake game for a long time, because even a dummy knows that. I have owned 3 different sets of DBA's on my past cars. Furthermore, you are completely and utterly wrong about one of your statements. DBA did go out and make a custom set for me because i said so, this is due largely to the fact that DBA do not make CROSS DRILLED SLOTTED ROTORS for the MX6 TURBO, they only make SLOTTED ROTORS for the MX6 TURBO. Oh and just a further point, the ones i had CUSTOM made are a set of longlife gold, and i have been assured by DBA that i am the ONLY, and FIRST MX6 TURBO to have these made in the country.

4. lol, and who said anything about a mould?? lol

5. Stop being so ****en critical, here's one for you....Peter you say that you have a custom made cooler on the front of your car which replaces the factory one in the same location however slightly bigger right? I have asked you for photo's in the past but you have never delivered, you have only posted a pic of a 'similar' item from the same company. Personally, i am a person who takes peoples words, because i dont give a rats arse if they are telling the truth or not because they are only lying to themselves. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I have, at no stage, called you a liar or questioned it further. But, if i am to be like yourself and Tri****er, then i want to see a picture of the cooler on your car and i want the complete dimensions please......

6. For the record you dont have to answer that because as i said before i dont really care..

7. The sad thing is that i have tried so hard to help the Mx6 turbo but have always been met with such critisism. Before, i used to do it for everyone else, now i do it for myself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.