Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

cruise control

949 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
hey can anyone help me?? my cruise control dont work, what can it be?? please let me know

#3 ·
Just fixed mine!

I have a '96 and when I bought it, the CC didn't work either. There was a tiny rubber hose that ran around the air filter. To the right of the air filter is a black box with a hose connection where there should be a hose (the CC hose) connected. The hose was there, but not connected to the box. The hose didn't seem to fit very tight and maybe the hose pops loose on every '93 & up model. So check your hose!

ADJ

G
#4 ·
Or it might not be loose, but blocked.
The cruise control in my '92 626 only worked half the time when I bought it 2 years ago and stopped working completely last year. I had an idea it might be a vacuum hose problem but I didn't think it would be accessible.

When I read this this thread last week, I had another look. The hose was on tight, but the air filter was pinching it. The filter housing is missing a few of its wire clips and is on crooked. I straightened it out and tested it over the weekend. Works perfectly now.

Thanks adjat84th!

G
#5 ·
You can also check the brake pedal switch. Adjusted the position on mine once, and it was just slightly too high. The brake lights weren't on, but the switch for the cruise control were closed all the time, so the cruise control didn't want to come on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.