Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys my nice looking car needs about 10 gallons of wrinckle Cream
Last Thurs i was at a club in Melbourne. Of course i tried to be sneeky and get a good parking spot at the Hampton Inn then walk over to the club. Of course i should have know i would get Towed. Anyway, they towed me and it was $150 to get my car back. But THE DAM Tow Truck company Trashed my car. It made me sick when i saw it :V
They towed my car on their flat bed, and you would think it would be ok. Nope they broke the bottom of my Fiberglass Front end when pulling it up on the bed. Its now split in half. THen somehow my car was hit the driverside front corner was all smashed. The fiberglass was all broken off disconnecting it from the car. and my corner light was missing. The screwed up thing is that whom ever did it disconnected the corner signal from its plug in. AND the TOW Company claims the damage was done before they had towed my car. Yet there was NO pieces of fiberglass, paint, and glass left where my car was parked. They also broke the welded braces on my Exhaust- it now sits on my axel.
;( THE TOTAL DAMAGE COMES CLOSE TO $2000. :(
It might not get fixed before IASCA. I will still be there though.
Later
sad-Kenny

[Edited by MZDASPDR on 03-11-2001 at 10:58 PM]

·
Registered
61 Posts
so how's the lawsuit going? i sure hope you aren't going to take it in the ass. even if it was your parking violation. if not the tow company, talk to the hotel people. there should be some kind of liability considering it was private parking (or else you wouldn't have been towed in the first place). call the police, file a report. there's probably bits and pieces of your car still on the flatbed.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done

Well i have taken action against them allready
I have a lawer, My insurance Company is allready involved investigating. I have Taken Pictures of my car and of the Parking spot that i was in. Showing the Skid marks from where they towed me out and showing the small bits of fiberglass that were broken off the bottom of the car at the end of the tire marks. . And if my car was hit before they towed it why wasnt there any pieces of my car in the parking spot i was in and why is my corner light missing. Basically I have them and its Very Obvious they are screwed. Its just going to take forever to get my money and the car fixed. But it will look better than before.
I will be posting the nasty pictures on here
You can see what my front end used to look like in the Flash intro on this web sites front page.

[Edited by MZDASPDR on 03-11-2001 at 10:44 PM]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Damn Kenny!
Sorry dude! It seems like everone is having there share of problems with there cars getting screwed up. Post some pics so we can see them. I still havn't recieved my money and still havn't found a new car.
Randy

·
Registered
27 Posts
I sorry bout ur car. Trust me i know what it feels like. Fortunetly for me the woman who crashed into me had insurance and my cars all fixed now. But i'm still in the process of sueing for injuries and the accident happened in dec. God knows how long this will take. I think in your case that was really ****ed up of them to try and cover they're asses but it doesnt suprise me. Good luck

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get this

Insurance gave me $380 for my EREBUNI Bumper cuz i said i wanted the same one
I originally paid $286 plus $75 for shipping last year
Now Erebuni say i got it on a internet sale and its over.
Now the the bumper costs $365 and $75 for shipping- How Shhiitty is that. So now i have to get the insurance company to give me more $$$$. But Im still gonna try to get a licenced dealer to get me the bumper for cheaper. And they have to ship the bumper from Cali. So thats gonna take forever to get here.
Doesn't look like my car is gonna make it to IASCA again for the 3rd year in a row. Last year i Blew my Clutch and Tranny doing 110mph on 95. (i just had to be racing my Probe Freinds. and got towed back home after half way to Daytona)
Oh and more bad luck for me. I ran into someone in my dad's truck this mourning merging onto hwy520 - going to work
So thats just iceing on the cake. 2 claims in 5 days. :(
later - Im just Cursed
Kenny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts