Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any way u can crush the stock bov in this car to get a better chirp out of em? I know lots of people with dsm's do but was wondering if it worked for the 1g turbo mx6 aswell. and what would be the best way to go about doing this and give me some instructions and such, as i have never done this before....

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
yeah, i did the nickel thing. helps to keep it from leaking a little more. the sound seemed the same, but just a little more sudden and spontaneous. (but sounds is the last thing i care about, as long as it works)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
well you won't hear much because it will have to be recirculated, unless you plan to never have your car idle or buy a megasquirt. :lol:

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have an un-crushed DSM bov attached to the factory elbow for a Talon that will bolt right into the factory spot, just need a longer hose for the return line. You can crush it like a Pepsi can if ya' want?;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I modified my extra stock with two nickles and its perfect. I can run it with out recirculating and it idles fine. I check my vacuum with it recirculated and with out and its the same. I also ran it without recirculating for a day to hear if it was working right and to make sure It didnt cause compressor surge. All is well.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
i guess i have bad luck with bypass valves then. The 323 one i installed actually allows me to gain boost to redline.....and not drop 3-4 psi

20 psi on what turbo? Hopefully not the stocker.........

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
I dont think the STOCK BPV could hold 20 psi, it starts leaking around 13 psi. I still havent try the supra BPV or the BLITZ valve.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts