Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all! im just curios as to what 1/4 mile times the new vyss puts down. i had a run with a black vyss 6speed with an exhaust, and he had me by 2car lengths. last night i had a run against a vyss series 2 auto and i had him by just over a car length.

also, as a joke i raced my mates 1996 model rgv with an aftermarket exhaust. from 60km/h to 110km/h he put 3 carlengths on me. by 140km/h it was down to 2. i thought he would have done me by more.

but yeh, and vy ss 1/4 mile times would be appreciated, koz i really wanna know how quick they are.

·
Registered
886 Posts
According to last month's Motor magazine, 13.9 for a 6 speed VY Series 2 SS with the uprated 245kw engine.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats that supposed to mean?
WantFE3inGC WOW still a slug
and like u can talk buddy. u have 2 cars, and both put together wouldnt be in the 14's!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
13.9 is a slug. You smoke some good stuff in mandura! I know its a commodore, and we shouldnt like them.... but...

That is STOCK! I dont know how you consider 13.9 a slug, its a 4 family door car, well equiped. At the end of the day you can also take it back to the dealer if/when it buggers up.

I dont think people realise, but a lot of the top brand sports car of 10-15 years ago werent running that fast either.

Go back to playing with your carbies and running 17+ second 1/4's.

·
Registered
592 Posts
An RGV will do high 12's with a good rider. Funnily it is classed as a learners bike in QLD.

Like any bike you need a pretty good rider to get the thing off the line perfectly to get the time.

I have a Honda NX650 that is supposed to do mid 14's down the 1/4 (it is a big single cylinder trail bike), but when I get it off the line right it fly's (up to 100kph anyway, then the bad aerodynamics start to hold it back, and restricts to a 160kph top speed :( ). Hard pressed finding any car that can launch hard enough to play with it at traffic lights.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Whilst on the topic of fast things...

Ever been on a supercharged Seadoo? I tell you what, going 100km/hr on a bike is pretty cool. Trying doing it on water... and then get thrown off the back :D

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Baja wes - I know all about the RGV thing, friend of mine has one. On the roll I can hang with it, but off the line and to 100 its long gone.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
black_tx5 said:
whats that supposed to mean?
and like u can talk buddy. u have 2 cars, and both put together wouldnt be in the 14's!
i have 4 cars thank you :) id take it you have not driven one.. ? they are slow..

QUOTE]Originally posted by black_tx5
13.9 is a slug. You smoke some good stuff in mandura! I know its a commodore, and we shouldnt like them.... but...

That is STOCK! I dont know how you consider 13.9 a slug, its a 4 family door car, well equiped. At the end of the day you can also take it back to the dealer if/when it buggers up.

I dont think people realise, but a lot of the top brand sports car of 10-15 years ago werent running that fast either.

[/QUOTE]

245kw mate thats alot of hp !!!! adn its only running 13.9 thats what i consider a slug.

They handle like **** drive like ****, plenty of torque yes but what a waste in a Commodore..

The only good Commodore is the CSV.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
WantFE3inGC said:
i have 4 cars thank you :) id take it you have not driven one.. ? they are slow..

timtx5 said:

245kw mate thats alot of hp !!!! adn its only running 13.9 thats what i consider a slug.

They handle like **** drive like ****, plenty of torque yes but what a waste in a Commodore..

The only good Commodore is the CSV.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
the question is why would anyone wanting a FAMILYT car go and buy a 245kw car that isnt all that fast and damned expensive. if u want a good family car, get a camry...if u want a fast car get a turocharged car like our '6's which are quite cheap. large size/weight and large power dont make a good car in my opinion.

·
Registered
304 Posts
ducktape come on think about what your saying.
Why would anyone want to buy a frontwheel drive 13yr car that has bad fuel comsumption, expensive parts, only does a 16sec 1/4 stock and doesn't even have a boot cause theres a sub box in the back.....Well i did!
Each to there own.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Hey Wes, i was in traffic the other day, at Aspley.
I was going to ask if you had a Honda Dominator. Now i know. It appears the WES plate gets used a bit.

Next time i spot you, i will give a beep....

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Why would anyone want to buy a frontwheel drive 13yr car that has bad fuel comsumption, expensive parts, only does a 16sec 1/4 stock and doesn't even have a boot cause theres a sub box in the back
well thats what i wanted. when i was looking for cars, i wanted a fast 4-cylinder car. i personallyt find it ridiculous that people use $50,000+ on a 13 second car, when u can buy somethin like a mx6 for $5000 and spend another $5000 on mods and get into the low 13's.

all im saying is that i personally dont see the point is buying a car that has sooo much HP, but can only get 13sec stock.

lots will disagree but oh well.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
timtx5: rgv is the same deal as me, easy from a roll, but they move up to 100-110. last night i killed it! he beat me by 1 car length up to 140km/h. i was pretty happy, did it infront of all me mates and stuff.

the main point of the thread is the 1/4 mile times to compare with my car. i know, i must get down to the track asap. i just wanna get used to it the first time. ill be happy with high 14's. cant expect too much on the first time, different ball game compared to the street. plus i gotta sort some stuff out b4 i go. i just got new front tyres (best i could afford were silverstones. 17/215/45), which are completely differnt to my grid 2's. taking some getting used to. also i need my front struts replaced. starting to hit bump stops. but as soon as its all done, down to calder. then onto a greddy ebc, and a nice front mount. should keep me happy for a while!

oh yeh, sorry bout the harsh reply to wantFE3. just get a bit defensive thats all. no offence intended what so ever. just a heat of the moment think.
.........man, 1 too many smokes tonight....!!!!!}) @- :cool:

·
Registered
592 Posts
cam22t said:
Hey Wes, i was in traffic the other day, at Aspley.
I was going to ask if you had a Honda Dominator. Now i know. It appears the WES plate gets used a bit.
Yeah that's me :), 04WES on the car, and 07WES on the bike :rolleyes:

On the subject of $50,000 commodores being crap cos they do high 13's, I don't see it being crap. Not everyone buying a car is after 1/4 mile times.

If they were all after 1/4 times, they would buy 2nd hand 900/1100 road bikes. Pick one up for around $5000-10,000, go run 10 second 1/4's all day, run out to near 300kph on the air strip, and absolutely kill any car on the road. @-

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
nick, you want an EBC?

david said i can have his for 300.. not a bad price.. if you want it then let me/him know.

i was interested but decided not to spend money on upgrades for a while, when i have a big list of maintenance items i have to attend to.. and im not sure if i want to keep the mx6 or not.. it just feels like such a slug lately!!.. although, ive beaten two r33 gtst's, but then on another night i was struggling to pull away from an echo :eek:

the echo had atleast exhaust mods, and i was always pulling away, but not very quickly.. it made me realise my car is a POS.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
On the subject of $50,000 commodores being crap cos they do high 13's, I don't see it being crap. Not everyone buying a car is after 1/4 mile times.
thats exactly my point. why would u buy a car that has so much power if u dont want 1/4 miles times??? if ur after a good, relatively powerful family car, go buy a new bottom of the line commdore or falcon for $29,000.

i see lots of people defending HSV's etc, but would anyone actually think of using $50,000+ on a HSV when u can buy somethin like a '99 GTR for the same price???

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i think that we can all agree that at the end of the strip the winner is the winner and thats all that matters. Also ducktape, remember that most of the people that buy said 245kw commo's are 30-50 yr old men with families that want something they can cart the kids in, tow the boat or van, and still flog on the weekend. Dont get me wrong tho, I'm not defending commo's, personally if i wanted a car to fit those criteria id buy a 4 door skyline.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts