Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put on my curved neck millenia IM.
my stock KLDE throttle body will not fit because of the IAC stuff on the bottom side of the TB.
what i want to know is: does the millenia TB have this same crap on the bottom? or it shorter?

could someone please post a pic of a curved neck installed on a strait neck(before) klze? i'd also like some ideas for a CAI...

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I dont see how it wouldn't fit either considering the vac port would point toward the master cylinder where there's plenty of room.

I would expect the Millenia IAC could be like either the ZE IAC (gets vac through the TB) or the DE IAC (gets vac from a source through a hose). Either one should work fine as long as you get it vac.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no its the big coolant thingy (lol) thanks guys but i found out that the millenia tb works over on probetalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll show you when i get the millenia tb. i'll also show the modded DE tb that im working on. (hopefully it works)

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Somehow you people are claiming the coolant nipples off the bottom of the IAC are the problem?

I'm betting it's user error here... never heard of this problem before. Got pictures DoubleD?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Only the Millenia TB will work with the Millienia IM. I had both the DE, and Millenia TB's. The DE does not fit.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I don't recall exactly what it was... it's been a while. I'll check it out tonite when I get home, and get back to ya.

·
Registered
283 Posts
yea my de tb fit fine on my urved neck when i test fit it... differnt years?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
93-97 DE and all ZE manifolds have the same size TB flange.

I suspect the main concern here is that the coolant lines wouldn't stretch far enough to fit onto the throttle body. If this is the case, just buy some more hose... :rolleyes: Not that difficult.

But I'm still waiting on the pics to show if it's the same or not.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its the idle air control thingy, not the coolant nipples on the tb

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Sorry people... I didn't even end going home last night. My brother's clutch went last night. So we got it in 1st gear, and tandem drove accross the city last night. Started it in first gear (not the best for the starter, but it worked). Couldn't stop or else the car would die, and we didn't want to harm the starter further. So I drove in front, blocking traffic at intersections to let my bro through. It was a long night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts