Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing thru some old broshure and i was wondering if anyone got these type of rims when the mx6 came out? I seen alot of stock rims but not these ones.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
i don't know about the wheels, but i sure would love that little lip spoiler! i've only seen it on a couple sixes, looks great!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Oh, wow. Those rims are ugly. Small double-3spokes with fake brake discs:lol:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, the accessories brochure is basicaly worthless, in the back It had a number written down 23,955. Hope my aunt didnt buy the mx-6 for that price back in 94 lol. btw how much did mx6 cost back then?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
haiyter said:
23,955. Hope my aunt didnt buy the mx-6 for that price back in 94 lol. btw how much did mx6 cost back then?
about that much!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
no surprise there...:muhaha:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah although the MX6 was better than the Probe according to 3 reviews I read from 1993. The Probe got all the attention and ads and commercials, but the MX6 was the "secret" car.

·
Registered
723 Posts
One of those brochures came with my car. Some of the accessories ruined the "flow" of the car. I had one of those sunroof wind deflectors on mine when I got it. I took it off right away. And I dont think a roof rack would look good on it either. PS- Those rims look more like hubcaps!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thats the reason the MX6 went out---nobody knew about it. it was all about the Probe. Dont know why they took that off the market, but in my opinion, it would have been a better idea to trash the probe only(no offense to probe owners).

·
Registered
304 Posts
I may be completely messed up, but I think I remeber reading something about Ford originally wanting to push the Probe more because it was supposed to replace the mustang???? hmmm I could be out to left feild.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
I have that exact same brochure.. but from 1993. NOBODY has those rims.. I've yet to see a single car with those rims.. actually the spoiler that most of our cars have wasn't even an option in the '93 brochure.. wierd....

The cars would sell for $23k on average.. depending on options.

Reactions: questionmark

·
Registered
749 Posts
Brian3 said:
I may be completely messed up, but I think I remeber reading something about Ford originally wanting to push the Probe more because it was supposed to replace the mustang???? hmmm I could be out to left feild.
Nah, you're about right there. There was a bit of a spike in petrol prices when the probe was in gestation. It was supposed to be the new 'stang but in the end oil prices went down and both the probe and a new mustang were released.
I don't remember oil prices being that high back then, God only knows what todays prices are doing to tomorrows cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts