Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CUSTOM 2g (1993-1997) MAZDA MX-6 RADIATOR SHROUD/ FAN COVER

I have had a request to make a custom rad-shroud cover for someone and I wanted to see if anyone else out there may like one.

I will post pricing as soon as i get the quotes back. I will be trying to get pricing out of mild steel as well aluminum. Pricing will be cheaper if there is enough interest.

I can laser-cut almost any writing or logo (depending on how complex it is) into the rad-shroud; but the above pricing will only include the MAZDASPEED logo in the center as well as the MX6.com logo on the right-side. I am a mechnical-engineer and I do design work everyday for my carreer :)

There is also an option for those who are not using the stock/ OEM fans. I have designed a bracket that holds the coolant-overflow canister to the rad shroud itself and it keeps it in the OEM position so all hoses and mounting require no modificaiton (see the picture below). This normally bolts to the OEM fans, so if you have the OEM fans this will not be required, but the shroud will still include the cut-out for the overflow (unless requested otherwise).

I can pretty much customize these however anyone woud like so just send me a PM if you are interested.

Here is the one i designed and had made for my car about a year or so ago:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If im not mistaken, shouldnt the radiator shroud cover the core support and the radiator for more efficiency? That way more air passes through the rad.
I suppose the front flange could be extended down a little bit more.. But i have also seen ones that were completely flat. I didnt realize a rad cover was suppose to help the efficiency of the rad?

You can see here the PRD one doesnt do anything mine doesnt?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not sure how effective it is on mx6s inparticular. I know a bunch of peopke do ot to their miatas to make sure they get all the air flowing through the radiator. It could help, no doubt about that

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Can you show me a picture of how they direct the airflow through the rad better with the use of a rad shroud? What you are saying makes absolutely no sense to me.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya i always thought it was more of decorative peice for when your not using the stock intake, as it looks empty with that plastic peice gone, and nothing over top of the rad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts