Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally!! After a long time of trying to figure out how to clear out the bumper lights, me and MX64u2catch's father figured it out!!!! They look hot. Mx64u2catch will post up a picture soon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
SO are you going to tell us how to do it or what? I'm kinda interested on how you guys finally pulled it off. Looking forward to seeing so pics

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
uh oh....i wrote it in the wrong place. I did it for second generation. But im pretty sure its done the same way. I simply traced the shape of the lense and then cut it out of a peice of plexy glass. I also bought a sheet of this plastic, i cant really explain what it is. But i glued it with super bond (so that the glue wouldn't show through) on top of the plexy glass to that the light wouldnt shine like a dot of blue, although it still kinda does during the day, but at night it looks hot. Mx64u2catch's father did the rest. He sawed off the regular red & orange lenses (in a way that it could be put back on if needed) and siliconed the plexy glass to the regular stock housing. Mx64u2catch has all the materials at his place and he has access to a ditigal camera so i will have him take pictures and post them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My friends and I are in the blueprint stage for my 1st gen. of using the ceiling panel light clear plastic, you know the real grainy stuff. Operations should proceed during the summer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
rmtaylor said:
My friends and I are in the blueprint stage for my 1st gen. of using the ceiling panel light clear plastic, you know the real grainy stuff. Operations should proceed during the summer.
isnt that stuff really brittle? u would have to be really careful with that on the car. then hope no one leans on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I used the flourescent ceiling tile for this 1 or 2 years ago and it worked good. The only problem is that this stuff doesnt hold up to the weather too well and they begin to yellow after a while. Since the tile is only a couple of bucks for a big peice, you could just cut out a whole bunch and replace them every month or 2, but thats a pain. There has go to be something that will work better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts