Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With rings etc everything ready to go (no rods).How much should they set me back? I am weighing up whether it is worth it to get a set built here and buy some Eunos 800s rods from the states, or get a forged rod/Piston combo from Rebel2k4 who has been selling them for a while. Shipping wont be bad, but man this currency conversion is killing me.

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If I was going to get those brands etc I would just get Rebels setup for like a 1/3 of the price. I am just wondering if it would be cheaper to pay $1600AU to Rebel with forged rods or go with Eunos Rods for like $250AU (once they get here) and then pay $X for pistons to get custom made here for the rods. I just need to know what X is :). This one shop said $100 each for forged pistons, but they also ended up charging my mate $30k+ for a built SR20 conversion from Ca18auto.

I know that the Eunos rods will be up to the challenge for the power I want to make, but getting forged rods (for the ease of mind factor as well, being very overkill is good) and pistons allready to go might be worth the extra dosh.

·
Registered
752 Posts
If you could get the pistons for $100 each i would go for that and the forged rods just for the safety. Go down to the shop and try to get a quote on paper then you get stick it in there face if they ask for more

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you could get the pistons for $100 each i would go for that and the forged rods just for the safety. Go down to the shop and try to get a quote on paper then you get stick it in there face if they ask for more
Never been ripped off before then :). Paper doesnt mean shit when your car is half pulled apart. I havent been in that situation but know plenty who have. There is nothing you can do but say yer keep going.

Also I know $100 per piston is way too cheap, when a set of 6 for say a 2jz or something off the shelf (not custom) is like $1600.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is what it looks like, I have asked for postage cost, we will see if it is still worth it after that :).

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well he is asking 1100 shipped, lets say he offers to me $1250 shipped to aus. Convert that and it becomes $1750 not including exchange rate commisison and paypal fee if that is how I pay. Will be at least $1800 which is more then I have to spare :).

It might end up the same price as getting pistons made up here by the looks of it, BUT remember I dont NEED to build the engine. I am only considering it because parts have come up for a reasonable price. And if it is too exxy, I just wont bother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts