Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading about a guy that installed a Blitz front end on his 6, but the bumber was actually a Eclipse piece. It got me thinking last nite that the shapes of the kit and the cars (headlight areas, width, and such) would make it possible to graft an eclipse front end on instead of all the usual offerings we have. If anyone has any info on who has done this and how much work actually went into a project like this and what differences there are that would be appreciated.
Also I was looking at some eclipse kits on ExtremeDimensions last nite and noticed that the B2 kit looks an awful lot like the H-type bumber, only perhaps better. Just a thought.})

·
Registered
589 Posts
Anything can be done... working with fiberglass is pretty simple. Just takes A LOT of work to get it done right with a big project like a custom bumper. I'm currently making a rear bumper for my 1st gen based on a honda civic coupe bumper. Here are some pics:

As you can see, needed a lot of cutting, in the middle aswell as on the sides, but it's a pretty good fit now, just have to finish sanding and bondoing it now. I'm no pro, just takes a lot of time, but the result is something that nobody else has ;) I'd say go for it

·
Registered
965 Posts
The eclipse bumper looks like....I dunno, a bubble or something on our cars. Someone has also did an integra front 94-97 or 98-01. Doesn't really matter since you'd be cutting the light part out any way. I'm not sure on the width of the integra kit, but to me, it looks like it'd be easier than the eclipse.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey Radinov the bumber is looking good. I like the idea of doing a custom bodykit better even tho it will be more $$ and time. I'm starting to get sick of the same kits for our cars everywhere I look, especially the invader style(no ofense to those who have it or like it.) It seems like Hondas get all the offerings and we're stuck fending for ourselves with little choice. Anyone else who has pics of custom work fell fr to post that would rock! Also if I can find some pics of my buddy's custom kit for his cavalier i'll post those they are pretty bad ass. (i know i know its a cavi hahahahaha wtf! but its pretty cool!)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Another few other original fronts ... :tup:

The second car has customs sides also, and is a JDM 6. The 1st car is a guy on the forums actually, and he has a mismatched kit.

Props for originality and alot of har work I'm sure ...not my style though :tup:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the idea of attaching the kit to a stock front bumper (via rivits,molding, whatever,) it seems to me that it would add ridigity and strength to the fiberglass. Also if for some reason you would want to change out the kit for a stock bumper you could add some kind of quick-change, snap on fastners to the bumpers so that it would ease the installation and removal of the bumpers. I'm still planning a way to do this for mine when I get it. I will do alot of highway and shitty city driving so it would be nice to keep the kit damage free while driving in less than perfect driving conditions. Although lately i've been leaning towards a mostly stock look. I'm planning a sleeper look 'til I have a large enough bank account to completely redo the exterior look.

Good post guys(Y) keep up with the good stuff you've been posting.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Tim or jay post pics of the outlaw front please I cant find em

Reactions: Joel

·
Registered
178 Posts
ozmojo1 said:
the guy with the first red one above ^ wont reveal what kit he used by im %98 sure its a cavalier bumper. as for the second red car, i wish he would finish/paint the bumper. i think it will look good.
the guy in the first pic.. happens to be me.. and i didnt build the bumper, i bought it from another (former) member of this site... "Taunner"? i think his name was??

Not that i dont want poeple to make their own bumpers, i like originality better than the few kits available... I just like mine to be original...

it is NOT a cavaler bumper ;)

here's a hint..
IceMan MX-6 said:
...Someone has also did an integra front 94-97 or 98-01.
he's on teh right track, i was told it was made from an 01 Acura GSX front bumper. i examined it very closly when i bought it, there is a seam where the headligths were cut off, and the original front MX6 bumper was copied out of FG ( made a Pos mold then Neg mold i think) and as much as i examined the bumper, i could not find any seams running vertically, which to me means that the width of the bumper was not modified?? just the light portion..

Again i like ORIGINALITY thast why i never mentioned how to make the bumper before that and i wasn't 100% sure, i still have not ever found the original bumper

ohh well enjoy this bit of info... and if anyone copies, i wanna see pics... if you dont liek my bumper .. good for me lol but try looking at GSX's ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.