Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm going to have my car upholstered to match the rest of the car. I got a quote for the front and rear seats, front side panels and rear side panels all in custom Valeur(Vynil but feels like leather) for $750 beans. What do you guys think Is this a good price or not? By the way this new Valeur stuff is awesome, It's as soft as leahter and has the same feel, but it's vynil. So what do you think, 2-tone front and rear, Silver and Black all throughout.... What do you think for the price?

·
Registered
73 Posts
i think thats a pretty good price. I was quoted $400 for just my two front seats. But as for the color, I like either silver and white, or silver and grey. Silver and black is too...Raiderish. Just my opinion. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
why dont u get racing seats just an idea, i like them i woul dbe crazy to have them in the front and back, i saw that in a hatchback civic the yellow phat as one at nopi, just a thougth but your idea sounds great oo go for it

·
Registered
379 Posts
Anyone know if upholstery shops will re-pad seats? I'd like to get stiffer foam for the bolsters in the front seats of Old Faithful; 10 years have taken their toll.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually the whole color scheme of my car is silver and Black. I'm keeping it that way for the interior as well. I actually seen this color scheme on Dustin's MX6. (Thanks Dustin, you stole my idea.... LOL) So I know for a act it will look tight. I might get it done after the winter.... ready for next year's shows.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I have heard from a lot of upholsters that Vynil is a little stronger than leather. Won't wrip or wrinkle as much. Besides, the treason I'm going for Voleur(leatherlike vynil) instead of leather is because the dude wanted like twice as much for leather than Voleur...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well i have factory black leather seats but i want to put white leather up the sides of them and have a white head rest cause i have some white parts of my int. i thought i would look nice

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Personnally i think if you went all blk with silver pipeing that would look good as hell but blk and slvr well uuummmmmmmm GO RAIDERS!?! I don't see it. sorry, and with your car already as tight as it is plse don't fuc it up now PLEASE! ( we live through you man )

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i will post some pics of my car in side and out when i get the time and i get it done it might take a few months i have to much school going on to worry about it rightnow i do what i can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts