Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some help from any of my fellow 6ers out there. I'm gonna be doing my interior in a couple weeks but i'm doing it myself. I wanna wrap my dash in vinal or leather but don't really know how hard it will be to take off the dash. Is there any one with good instructions or advice ? any help would be greatly appriciated !!...thanx you can post or email @ [email protected]

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I would just do a search for the topic that you want to know about. it has been talked about on here many times and i know some one will come foward and tell you how but if you need to know now do the search for it.

i didnot take my entire front dash out but i have taken out EVERYTHING else in the car.

·
Registered
763 Posts
elliott ness said:
I'm looking for some help from any of my fellow 6ers out there. I'm gonna be doing my interior in a couple weeks but i'm doing it myself. I wanna wrap my dash in vinal or leather but don't really know how hard it will be to take off the dash. Is there any one with good instructions or advice ? any help would be greatly appriciated !!...thanx you can post or email @ [email protected]
1stly, the dash is relatively.. actually REALLy easy to take out, just a couple screws near the Dashboard and the rest kinda pops out..

2ndly, I think you'd have a lot better luck Painting the dash instead of wraping it, It is a lot less time consuming and I think it looks better...., ,,, save the leather for the side panels if anything

If you wanna know how to take of the dash I could give you step-by-step instructions

lemme konw if you want

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Interior

I did my interior but i obteded to forget the dash, most of the dash componetes are clips or screws, actually only 7 screws in the interior. 3 for gauges, two under joint between big piece and litttle, before the little dip. and two for the center console. I urge u to not, i repeat do not piant the cover to your center console. It sucks not being able to touch it when you drive
Ian

·
Registered
216 Posts
thats why you should paint it with automotive paint and clear!

·
Registered
763 Posts
or you could let it dry out before you drive!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts