Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINNALLY finished RE-upholstering all my door pannels front and back in black leather/vinyl. it was a bitch but it looks badass.
and only cost about $18.00, best of all i got rid of that old ass tacky striped cloth shit. looks good!!!
ill post pics as soon as i can find a camera
still want to do the seats hmmmmmm:D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That's cool.
My plan is to replace the tacky striped cloth material on my seats and doors/back in my Maroon interior with the tacky striped cloth stuff from a grey interior car...so I'll have a two-tone.

G

·
in australia there is a name for that unikstylz11 - and its called rice - stock is nice :) then again us aussies had a nicer - much nicer interior

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
What were the difference in the AU interior besides the swapped cluster? I have seen (in person - Cains) a 91 MX6 GT and it was the same interior as they are here in the states, with very few differences.

G

·
dark grey interior with light grey in the centre of the seats and door inserts - from what i've seen - you ameeerrrricans are stuck with maroon...then again - an mx6 can be had for $500US there....if you get one in Aus for under $7000 i'll be suprised - with really spotless clean low KM examples pulling upwards of 12 or 13 thou!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
my plans for a "custom" interior...here is what ive done so far:
-2001 mazda protege shift knob(black dome with chrome top and black lettering, looks GOOD)
-1987 mazda rx-7 GXL leather wrapped steering wheel...much nicer feel then stock, had to do a little fanagling to get the horn to work, but its great now.
-Custom shaded headliner...you know how the grey ones always rot away and flake? well mine was horrid...so i had one of my dads friends re-appolster it in a darker grey, looks 100% stock and best of all it matches the window trim!!!
-FULL grey inner door handles from 89 MPV(no chrome!!!)

Thats what ive done so far, and i think it looks nice...but im not done yet...here is what is on its way
-passenger side BLACK vent from europe
-BLACK shift boot
-Black console insert(the part in front of the shift boot)
-Black rear console insert(the part that surrounds the parking brake, the whole piece that comes out to take it all out)
-Black steering columb surround
Plans for the above are already in place.
Here is what i'd like to find
-Carbon Fiber gauge surround(and vent surround)
-Carbon Fiber Radio surround and ashtray
DO they make the above? and how many fingers will i have to sell to afford them?

Eric

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Here are the pics i have right now, im getting more asap
Here is the headliner
this is the inside of my 87 626, it has the protege shift knob though

Eric

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ya we would love to see more detailed pics of the interior. Espcially those door pannels.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
hey matt
I sent the lense and the wire yesterday...should be there saturday-monday

Let me know when it arrives

Hey manifest...
On the first gen with leather, did they have a leather wrapped steering wheel?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
From the dealer it is over $600, I picked it up from a bulk buy that I headed up just so that I could get this part. It ran me about $100 all said and done, since I still have some other parts I have yet to sell. When those are sold it will be about $50. The shift knob is also from the LE mx6 and ran about $130, that I had to pick up from mazda since I was never able to find one in good shape.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
hey
I have the seats, front and rear, and the door panels, i'd like the shift boot....but i dont think they made a black one...you dont have a shift boot do ya? grey would work, i use a black 2001 mazda protege shift knob, looks cool and feels great...i can get ya one...

Eric

·
Registered
512 Posts
How much can you get us a proto5 shift knob for? I can get you a black leather boot.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I am going to keep the shift boot stock for now. I have seen gray lether ones aftermarket that would work just fine though. One day I will find a LE in great shape and get the seats from it, or I will find some place to re-do mine in leather.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts