Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
A little reassurance for the buyers. Marshall says thanks for being patient and he almost has these done.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Before:
After:
That doesn't prove there aren't any pinhole leaks by any means. Lots of areas that you can't tell if they fully penetrated or not.

You can grind the welds down to be perfectly flat with the pipe to confirm that. Then, if you see any pin holes, you can hit them again with the welder to seal it up.

You could also rig up a setup to pressure test it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
That doesn't prove there aren't any pinhole leaks by any means. Lots of areas that you can't tell if they fully penetrated or not.

You can grind the welds down to be perfectly flat with the pipe to confirm that. Then, if you see any pin holes, you can hit them again with the welder to seal it up.

You could also rig up a setup to pressure test it.
No it doesn't, but turning off all the lights & shining a bright LED light all around the seems at various angles while peering into the pipe does. Light finds darkness quite easily. No light was seen inside the pipe. The seems are sealed.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
No it doesn't, but turning off all the lights & shining a bright LED light all around the seems at various angles while peering into the pipe does. Light finds darkness quite easily. No light was seen inside the pipe. The seems are sealed.
That is so far from conclusive it's not even funny.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I did more grinding before work so the welds are flat with the pipe & so far my "light method" has been very conclusive. Still no pin holes.
Cool. Lets see some updated pics.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
These will hopefully be ready by weekends end and then there are 2 more orders. He will get the material ordered for the next 2.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Yeah, it's pretty normal. I sent him a text for you telling him to check his email. He usually responds the same day to a text.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I dont check my Email every day either. Pretty typical of someone with a life and family really.
Trying to imply something? Now I know what every one else who's ordered. Keen as :D Not in a rush because I know he isn't going to make it right away but still was just checking.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you own a phone made in the last 5 years, there's no reason not to check your email. Mine pops up just like a text, makes it very simple. A little green LED even blinks when I get one.

Just sayin'

(I'm not referring to Marshal)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Yeah, not good on the communication end, but does fantastic work.

He does a LOT of custom work on the side between his 10-12 hour shifts, plus he recently bought a house that required some updates. It just comes down to being busy all the time & trying to prioritize work/life/hobby balance.

221 - 240 of 523 Posts