Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

321 - 340 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
He said he's planning to get them done this weekend. He's been too busy with actual work to even get a chance to work on them. They're close to being done though. Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I think a custom manifold to a specific turbo would also require a custom downpipe... so really out of scope for this buy and probably too custom to be worthwhile for the maker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
O2 housing

He said he's planning to get them done this weekend. He's been too busy with actual work to even get a chance to work on them. They're close to being done though. Thanks for your patience.
Hey mjspiess have you heard from Marshall if he's almost done with the housing ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
O2 housings are all done. He just needs to ship them now.

And there's going to be a time period coming up where he's going to quit making these for a while. He's going to be adding onto his garage and moving his shop home into the addition. I'll let you guys know when he's all moved in & ready to make some more.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Gavin, lots of people buy them but we don't see pictures or hear about many of the installs. I'm sure someone will be willing to sell you theirs.

Good news is the guy is honest and doesn't want to hold people's money for an indefinite amount of time while he is under construction. :tup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
Yeah, sorry Gavin. He said it'll be easier to just take orders and save them for when he's done and all moved in.

I saw one of Marshall's O2 housings go up for sale on PerformanceProbe for $150 shipped. It didn't last long.

As Fastest95PGT mentioned, Marshall didn't want people's money & not have an idea when he could get the O2 housings done. He's been wanting to move his shop for a while, but had some other big projects to finish up first.

Once all his equipment is at home, he should be able to get these orders done quicker too.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
And thats perfectly fair, and sounds like a good way about going about things. Moving a shop is an endeavor in itself. It would be much more stressful adding the spectre of expectant customers looming over you. Best to separate the two.

Good luck to Marshall on the move, as for me.....I can wait.

Gavin

·
Registered
12 Posts
O2 housing

O2 housings are all done. He just needs to ship them now.

And there's going to be a time period coming up where he's going to quit making these for a while. He's going to be adding onto his garage and moving his shop home into the addition. I'll let you guys know when he's all moved in & ready to make some more.

So did he ship it or what .you guys don't communicate . It's been a month since I deposited him the money! And still haven't got a respond if is on the mail or what! I'm very upset about this situation !!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
No, he's been on 12's and everything is closed when he gets out of work. He's going to leave early tomorrow to get them shipped.

I've stated numerous times Marshall is not very good at communication. However, I've responded to your requests within 24 hours every time. 1 month turn around is no longer than anyone else has had to wait. In fact, its shorter than most.

I'm sorry you expected something differently, but if you've been following this thread, you shouldn't be surprised at what you're experiencing. In the end, he delivers an excellent product & as far as I know, no one has been left disappointed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, he's been on 12's and everything is closed when he gets out of work. He's going to leave early tomorrow to get them shipped.

I've stated numerous times Marshall is not very good at communication. However, I've responded to your requests within 24 hours every time. 1 month turn around is no longer than anyone else has had to wait. In fact, its shorter than most.

I'm sorry you expected something differently, but if you've been following this thread, you shouldn't be surprised at what you're experiencing. In the end, he delivers an excellent product & as far as I know, no one has been left disappointed.

I understand your part . But when he says its ready and doesn't ship it for another week and so . It's just doesn't make any sense wait just another week and a half to get it. I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude but I think a soon as the part is ready he should get ship some how after you have the customer waiting for along period of time. And another thing I want it to get it install is I need to get the ac fix because drivin in 110 degrees here in az it's frustating . And I want to do it same time

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
I understand your part . But when he says its ready and doesn't ship it for another week and so . It's just doesn't make any sense wait just another week and a half to get it. I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude but I think a soon as the part is ready he should get ship some how after you have the customer waiting for along period of time. And another thing I want it to get it install is I need to get the ac fix because drivin in 110 degrees here in az it's frustating . And I want to do it same time
I'm not sure if you've ever worked 12 hour shifts, 6-7 days a week, but it pretty much boils down to work, eat & sleep, then repeat. There's literally no time for anything else. He makes these on his own time after work...if he has time. He doesn't have any partners to help. It's just him. I don't disagree with you. I'm sure he has his excuses why he couldn't get them shipped though. And I do understand your frustration. Driving in AZ 110* heat with no AC would be terrible. You are smart for waiting to do both at the same time though and I'm sorry the timing wasn't within your time frame. I really wish I lived near him so I could help him out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure if you've ever worked 12 hour shifts, 6-7 days a week, but it pretty much boils down to work, eat & sleep, then repeat. There's literally no time for anything else. He makes these on his own time after work...if he has time. He doesn't have any partners to help. It's just him. I don't disagree with you. I'm sure he has his excuses why he couldn't get them shipped though. And I do understand your frustration. Driving in AZ 110* heat with no AC would be terrible. You are smart for waiting to do both at the same time though and I'm sorry the timing wasn't within your time frame. I really wish I lived near him so I could help him out.
No problem .i just though that the part will be ship sooner . And yea I worked 14 hr days but just be more specific on time turn around .but anyways Marshall send me a email I should be gettin it on Saturday . Sorry for the inconvinience..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
No problem .i just though that the part will be ship sooner . And yea I worked 14 hr days but just be more specific on time turn around .but anyways Marshall send me a email I should be gettin it on Saturday . Sorry for the inconvinience..
Yeah, I agree. Like I said, I wish I was able to help him more directly when he has to work so much. No inconvenience at all. Just trying to keep everyone happy.

321 - 340 of 523 Posts