Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I can conform that the housing fits with AC in place. I did a test fit with my engine that is out of the car. There is about 13 mm (1/2") between the AC pump and the wastegate pipe when the pump is at the shortest adjustment, longer belts would give more clearance. As the instructions say, you do need to move the dipstick tube closer to the block, it interferes with the wastegate pipe.

I might just make a sheild that fits onto the AC pump, just to help keep the heat away from it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
He does international shipping. I'm not sure how much more it is. gbilski is from New Zealand. Do you recall how much you were charged for yours, gbilski?

CraZyOne is from Australia & has made an O2 housing. You might consider contacting him.

·
Registered
99 Posts
He does international shipping. I'm not sure how much more it is. gbilski is from New Zealand. Do you recall how much you were charged for yours, gbilski?

CraZyOne is from Australia & has made an O2 housing. You might consider contacting him.
Tried that he never answered back. Could be interesting.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The shipping cost $59 US so an all up of $224 US.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Mmmm..shes a subtle vixen...

Sounds good for sure, personally I prefer as little exhaust as possible on these motors, they sound fantastic with just a side exit.

Mufflers do something funny with the natural F2 sound.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just send an email to [email protected]. The price is $175 to the local US including shipping. Marshall originally added $35 for the extra shipping to NZ, but when he actually shipped, the cost was higher, $59 rather than the $45 he estimated. I just paid the extra (a bit late) rather than see him lose that, although he did say originally that he would cover anything over what he estimated. Much better that he is kept happy and continues to make these for overseas buyers as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just send an email to [email protected]. The price is $175 to the local US including shipping. Marshall originally added $35 for the extra shipping to NZ, but when he actually shipped, the cost was higher, $59 rather than the $45 he estimated. I just paid the extra (a bit late) rather than see him lose that, although he did say originally that he would cover anything over what he estimated. Much better that he is kept happy and continues to make these for overseas buyers as well.
Done and done thanks.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
You could wrap the housing with some exhaust wrap to keep it cooler by your A/C. Would probably work better than just about any heat shield you would be making.

121 - 140 of 523 Posts