Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I was actually going to ask how you guys feel about that (the welder and you MJ)

I'm very obsessed with heat containment and shielding, I would love to wrap the O2 housing, unless this is not recommended for some reason. (cracking, long term structural integrity)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I asked the welder what are his thoughts on heat treating to keep the heat IN the pipe and told him before I found a set of heat shields for my setup, my friend had the exhaust manifold, turbo & O2 housing all wrapped in exhaust wrap. It actually made a significant difference. I still have the exhaust manifold & turbo under the OEM heat shields, but the O2 housing is exposed & it gets hot quick! I don't plan on wrapping it though. It looks too cool :)

The welder says, "As far as the heat goes, my guess would be a jet hot ceramic coating. It's used on pretty much anything high performance or race involved.

The cheaper alternative would be header wrap as your friend did."

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeah it DOES look way too cool to wrap..but ugh I've been wrapping ever since my N/A header and just loved the difference it makes.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Just checking, in how goes the progress? I remember last time one was almost ready.
On Friday, April 26th, he had one done and the other about 75% done. I talked to him today & he hasn't been able to get any more done on the 2nd one yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Leev & DarkMx-6, Marshall just let me know today he is still waiting for the rest of the payment. He contacted you to let you know they were ready to ship, but hasn't heard back yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Lol, sorry. $175 shipped to lower 48 states :) International sale ends up being $220-$225. Will have to work that out with the welder.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
He told me you contacted him. I'll remind him to contact you back then, but I'm pretty sure it'll be close to what I just estimated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has any one done any back to back testing yet? Dyno sheets? I will see if I can come up with a before and after but was just seeing if any one else had yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
He's still waiting for the rest of your payment. He said he contacted you to let you know they were ready to ship earlier this month, but hasn't heard back from you.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Yeah, he told me on May 3rd, he contacted you to let you know they were ready to ship & just waiting on the rest of the payment.

141 - 160 of 523 Posts