Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have realized for a good while now that for some reason like all the body kits available for the 6 don't help you look any closer to the ground at all. i have a full coilover/strut setup and don't really have any room for dropping my car anymore so i had to go with the next best thing. it's a lot of work and my side skirts are still undecided what i will be doing with, but i know they will be the biggest pain in the a$$ to customize.

anyway, obviously i'm not even done with the front bumper, but u all can see the difference, oh yeah i don't even think i have posted since painting my wheels gunmetal. i love the gunmetal wheel look.

i had to upload pics to yahoo, because car domain is down. i never use yahoo so if it don't work i will repost from car domain tommorrow when they're up and runnin again.

oh yeah, one more thing, how do i get the pictures to be better quality. when i first put them on my computer they're perfect then by time i upload they look like $hit? .....so confused.

peace out:D

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
i can't see them for some reason. sounds cool though. :p

·
Registered
273 Posts
links arent workin

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Nice work!!!!

The rims look 100....billion times better:D

Looks great

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
wow!!! that looks great!! can ya do it to mine? :)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
damn your car has to be my favorite 6, if not close to it. Always loved it...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Whoa...I doubt you remember what I posted, but I said get rid of the rims; changing it to gunmetal sure made a difference :tup: Love the new look, your car is one of the nicest mx-6's. Love the blue outside, and the black and blue inside. Can't go wrong with dark interior :D

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
wow... im speachless... that second pic is just the best, couldn't take my eyes off of it to be honest. Awesome job, the bumper looks much better now that the lower side is not that slopy. Or so it looks... Something different indeed ;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Dude, that's awesome. If only companies would make that front for the mx6 in the first place... They do for other cars. Well they call it for the other cars the invader too. But look. It's lower just like yours.

http://www.andysautosport.com/images/97preludef.jpg

·
Registered
631 Posts
Looks awesome. Is that a factory color or do just a lot of people repaint theirs that color blue. It's not a negative comment but i see that color more than any other, so i assume it's a factory color? I've always liked your six. almost reminds me of mazda6guy's car at a glance

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks everyone for your comments, you see when i originally was getting a body kit i wasn't sure which i liked more the shogun or the invader front bumbers. all though the invader didn't have lower ground clearence then the shogun, i had to go with the invader because of how far the shogun nose sticks out, and we all know we don't need any extra length on our already pretty long cars.

now that i opened up the gap in the invader, this is my favorite front bumper out of all of them including the new drift. I do like dyno6's front bumper though, he did some good work.

nitro- i have thought of putting foglights in there, but i haven't decided on anything, i will have to see what the stock fogs look like and fit like in that lower opening now that u said something

epid-my car is the bright blue ford factory color, i have always liked that color, i almost painted it bright yellow like my old car. sometimes i still wish i would of painted it yellow but i love the blue as well.

sorry i always end up typing up a speech, my bad

peace out:D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
wow

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Looks good man, so that is a modified invader bumber...I dont think you really need to do anything to the side skirts, they look fine to me, but I'm sure if you decide to do anything to them, they will come out even better based on your front bumper

Now is it just me or is

http://www.andysautosport.com/images/97preludef.jpg

just plain ugly??? The curvey bumper on the squarish prelude is just ugly in my opion.

-Bryce

1 - 20 of 22 Posts