Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the other day my driver's side outer cv boot got a hole in it and pasted grease ALL over my brake assembly. Funny thing is I noticed something wrong when I put on my new rims (hole happened while my old rims were on... had to clean the hell out of it)... by noticing I mean having a lot less brake power on the driver's side so it pulls to the right when braking... well that's been about a week ago and I figured the grease would burn off but it must be high temp grease because it still pulls and stopping sucks... am I going to have to replace the pads before long or are they packed with grease? I'm gonna rear-end someone at 70mph and kill my 6 if I don't get it fixed soon. I put 18"s with 225/40's on in exchange for the 17's 215/40's... slightly bigger so more torque on braking assembly... it maybe why I noticed the brake failure over the 17's. If not pads, should I burn some cash and get the upgrade kits from rr racing? Just a thought...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also had a split cv boot on my car (I can totally agree about the mess, I used 2 large cans of degreaser to clean it all out) - I think it's very important to get it fixed soon, as I've been told your driveshafts can sieze - I had my driveshafts replaced. Make sure they are super careful when putting the driveshaft back in as it's common for the seal to be nicked by the shaft - then you have a leaking driveshaft seal and the whole driveshaft has to come out again! (that is what has happened to me - seal is only US$15-20 but labour is 4hrs or so :( )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts