Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to get knew cv joints for my 6. Does anyone know where you can get aftermarket one's that are maybe a little stronger than stock.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Never heard of aftermarket CV Joints, don't know if they exist.

I purchased my last CV Joint from th eplace that my local Mazda dealer gets them when they run out. It cost me $70 USD. And then another $40 to replace because I couldn't get that friggin axle nut off...

Speaking of wich.. Ineed to get another one because the split boot I replaced a year ago split.. LOL....

·
Registered
921 Posts
im getting that stupid noise when i turn slow. Do i need to replace both the boot and the cv joint or just the boot, or just the joint. Also how can you tell which ones are bad. I dont want to replace ones that arnt bad yet. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
488 Posts
If you are getting a clicking from the CV joint when you tuen then you are going to have to replace the joint. The only way to do this is by replacing the axles. You can get a good rebuilt set from http://www.raxles.com $220 for the pair and they have new joints on them, not remanufactured. Just replaced mine and the car feels great. Just hope your hubsa ren't frozen on like mine were. I had to replace the hubs and spindles from a junk yard as mine wouldn't come off at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts