Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn, I'm hearing the dreaded click click clickety click of a CV joint going bad.

Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to remove them and about how much it costs to get them rebuilt? Can I rebuild them? Or how much would it cost to have a mechanic do it?

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I couldn't afford to replace them so I had mine cleaned and rebooted. I think it was only like $90. That was five years ago - they still click but are fine. Last week I was going to have my mechanic replace both of them but he wouldn't do it and said they were fine ( this was after he had everything apart and didn't charge me anything.) I've been quoted $350 - $525 to get both replaced.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That's too expensive unles you are from Canada. I bought 2 rebuilt half shafts from Autozone for around $140 and paid another $140 to have them installed.

G

·
If I were you Id get new onesw becouse that way you dont have to put up with the clicking. I dont know how much they are but I do know its realy easy to do it your self thats if you understand how everything gose together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts