Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my cv shafts I have a parts car but it is auto will the cv shafts work in my 5speed 6? Thnk you for the help.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
They should be ok but why would you replace old cv shafts with old cv shafts? If your looking to save money you could rebuild the cv joints on your parts car and replace them. That would make a little more sense

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Yes they will work.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the thing is I'm buying a parts car that will fix everything that is wrong with my car. To me anyway after I do with I'm doing my cAr will be flawless. And I can start working under the hood

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Thats good. Just dont take any short cuts on it only to have it bite ou in the ass later. As with those cv halfshafts. Take the time to open those boots up, inspect the joints, and grease em up if all is well. Just trying to save you the headache later down the road. :tup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya a few people in my town have told me that the splines are different on auto and manual. But I guess I'll find out.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
They are wrong

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
^x2 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
NP ........................ Oh and in case anyone is wondering any axle from any 2G probe or MX6 will work in any other 2G Mx6 or Probe .. Be it an ATX .. MTX ... I4 ... Or V6 ...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excelent
I'm picking up my parts car today and I'm starting to tear it apart how fun
:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts