Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

When ever i turn left while excelerating a bit, i hear this sound from the right front side. I asume this is the CV's. Could it be something else ? This seems to be happening now on the right side as well.

Secondly, I have slight vibrament on the steering when driving over slight ruf terain like bricked drive ways. Could this be the rubbers on suspension that are worn ?

Thirdly, what is a Rotor on the braking system. Like another guy on the site, i had the front disks scimmed and hat new brake pads fitted bout 3 months ago. Now i experience the same uneven braking as before the skimming. What could it be ??

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Coenraad said:
Hi

When ever i turn left while excelerating a bit, i hear this sound from the right front side. I asume this is the CV's. Could it be something else ? This seems to be happening now on the right side as well.
It could definitely be your CV Joint. I would remove the font wheels and fisically check the rubber boots, the CV boots, and check for tears or cracks and black grease that's spilled all over. If you find some, then get it replaces as soon as possible.

Coenraad said:
Secondly, I have slight vibrament on the steering when driving over slight ruf terain like bricked drive ways. Could this be the rubbers on suspension that are worn ?
Don't understand...if you are going over gravel or bricks, you are definitely going to feel the steering wheel bibrating. if you feel it bibrating when going over smoothe black top them you might have suspension problems. If you are experiencing vibration at high speeds, it could be that yuor tires are worn or that they need balancing.

Coenraad said:
Thirdly, what is a Rotor on the braking system. Like another guy on the site, i had the front disks scimmed and hat new brake pads fitted bout 3 months ago. Now i experience the same uneven braking as before the skimming. What could it be ??
The rotor is the actual disk on the braking system. If you are experiencing the brakes pulsing, like the problem that I'm having, it could definitely be that your rotors are warped. Meaning bent. I'm actually going to replace my cross drilled rotors for slotted rotors in the next month or so. Even though the x-drilled are awesome, they are rather old and have the tendency of warping after a lot of use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts