Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever replaced a "oxygen valve"(an extra valve in every cylinder that injects air not the intake valve another one) in their cylinder head, my car is burning oil and i need to replace the o-rings if anyone knows how to do it please post.

thanx

G

·
There is no "oxygen valve".

If you are burning oil on a cold start up it is most likely your valve stem seals.

Magik8 has an excellent tutorial on how to rebuild a head in the projects section.

Read...young grasshopper.

·
Registered
251 Posts
if it's not the oxygen valves that are causing you to burn oil it MUST be the piston return springs. try repacing those.

G

·
drdemux said:
if it's not the oxygen valves that are causing you to burn oil it MUST be the piston return springs. try repacing those.
I know I'm hypocrite, but lets not be a smartass, he might believe you.

CKYPETER, you have two intake valves and one exhaust valve on each cylinder. All of them have whats called a stem seal, it keeps the oil from valvetrain from leaking into the cylinders.

·
Registered
251 Posts
sorry man. i just had to. picture me laughing my a$$ off. i never heard the one 'oxygen valve' before.

on a serious note he could also be talking about piston compression rings or the oil control rings. CKYPETER - how about describing your smoking symptoms in more detail. ie at startup, when cold, warm, idle, constantly...etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
hahahahaha dont believe every thing u hear dude. but hey why not keep an open mind. to philosiphise and question anothr mans wisdom is wisdom in itself})

1 - 6 of 6 Posts