Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dudes, I don't know the correct name for them BUT, my washer fluid BARELY comes out of those damm things on the top of the hood. Actually, only one hole allows the full blast of fluid through! I have tried using a toothbrush to clean them, but the dirt is inside of them! How do I take those buggers off so I can clean them?? Some guy at the mazda dealership said they just pop out but, you have to push some spring underneath them! ( under the hood )
But, I can get to them because where the fluid lines run under the hood, there is an enclosure there! I don't want to brake them but how do i get them off!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done It,

Gee's......yeah......i've done that already. I am pretty sure it's something that's about 1/2 an inch INTO the little tubes that carry the washer fluid. Any other ideas of what I can stick down there that's about 1/2 an inch long that could clean it out! ( NO DIRTY JOKES....haha...)
Thanks ATL_6 however for the reply!

·
Registered
61 Posts
something long and stiff

don't know exactly how big the holes are, but would some wire do the trick? there has to be a way to get the hose disconnected from the nozzle, too

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IDEA

You know what dude, you just gave me an idea. I'll take the metal wire from a twist tie, and try and weave it through the opening. The openings are tiny so, I think that will do HOWEVER I STILL WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GET THEM OFF!!!
IF anyone knows the answer PLEASE tell me! Thanks alot dudes!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i am going to take mine off because i hate them. the guy that is doing my body work and putting on my kit is going to do it for me. i think they would have to weld the holes after they are removed. i will tell you when he does it for me. })

·
Registered
806 Posts
Aren't winshield washer vents needed to pass inspection in some states. Seems to me I have had to show that they work before. Of course that depends on where you take it though. Just wondering, because it would suck to fail inspection because no sprayers.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
dont need em in NM... hey why dont you try running high pressure water/solvent through the jets? open your hood, disconnect the main line and hook up your hose/pressure washer and blow out whatever is in there. not too much pressure though. just a thought

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HEY RICEATER6

Okay, so I managed to pop them off.....however, I pulled them off from the TOP of the hood, right, however, when i went to go put them on, I accidentally popped one on without re-connecting the fluid line, when I tried to take it off again, IT BROKE! However, It is still in working condition! HOWEVER, i am almost positive that the tiny holes in which the fluid comes out of has started to rust causing a buildup that prevents the fluid from coming out. I took them off, attached a straw to each one, and filled my mouth with water. I then BLEW it threw the straw with such pressure, that when the water went through the sprayers, it de-clogged them! They are working fine however, i think i'm going to insist on getting new ones! With me sticking wire down into the little holes, i probly scratched the metal even more making it easier to rust. SO, what i'm purposing is: If you take yours off soon, can i buy them off of you??
I'm going to talk to a mazda dealership and see how much they would charge for new ones! I'm almost positive that, all the new protege's have the EXACT same ones! ( I saw them on the hood of a new car....)
However, i'd rather pay a MX-6 MEMBER than a Dealership...if you get my drift! Please feel free to write me at: [email protected]
Or if you'd like add me to the MSN MESSENGER. Thanks alot!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: HEY RICEATER6

JDean55 said:
Okay, so I managed to pop them off.....however, I pulled them off from the TOP of the hood, right, however, when i went to go put them on, I accidentally popped one on without re-connecting the fluid line, when I tried to take it off again, IT BROKE! However, It is still in working condition! HOWEVER, i am almost positive that the tiny holes in which the fluid comes out of has started to rust causing a buildup that prevents the fluid from coming out. I took them off, attached a straw to each one, and filled my mouth with water. I then BLEW it threw the straw with such pressure, that when the water went through the sprayers, it de-clogged them! They are working fine however, i think i'm going to insist on getting new ones! With me sticking wire down into the little holes, i probly scratched the metal even more making it easier to rust. SO, what i'm purposing is: If you take yours off soon, can i buy them off of you??
I'm going to talk to a mazda dealership and see how much they would charge for new ones! I'm almost positive that, all the new protege's have the EXACT same ones! ( I saw them on the hood of a new car....)
However, i'd rather pay a MX-6 MEMBER than a Dealership...if you get my drift! Please feel free to write me at: [email protected]
Or if you'd like add me to the MSN MESSENGER. Thanks alot!

i will see what i can do about that, i am not sure wheni will get mine off. probly wil be in a month or so. find out how much they are from mazda??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

Try a bend open paper clip. I don't think you must try to take them thingies on top of the hood of. It is a huge operation.

Using the paper clip, you will find that the water will come out beter each time u use them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tell me about it! I had to take the fireguard (paper stuff) off from under the hood, THEN disconnect the lines leading to them, just to reconnect them!
I ended up getting both off no prob, but, ended up braking one when I was putting it back on! ( go figure ) SO, now i need a new one! They Still don't wanna work that well, but, whatever, i'm going to wait till summer to deal with it! I hate working on my car in -20 temps! Winnipeg is the only place in the WORLD where it can go from -40 to + 40 in a year!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
By The Way

As far as the paper clip thing goes, I did try that, but, it's gotta be something in the actually Line!! OR, the pump might be on the fritz! I'm not sure and i'm not gonna throw lots of money into fixing it! Not yet anyway!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts