Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got a new dump pipe fabricated, and opened up my cat a little.

its made an enourmous difference..

my car doesnt sound like a tractor anymore!... from inside, the turbo spooling and wastegate screaming is sooooo much louder than i could have hoped for!.. and yes, flutter is louder than ever, and its changed tones too!.. it actually sounds like REAL flutter now, (like from a map sensored car!)..

i am so loving it!... boost is great, my gauge reads 10psi (and i think its wrong by negative two, so its really 12psi) and then it hits boost cut.. but its wierd, because it will sit on 10 for a while before buzzing on me.. my car is pulling harder than ever, but i still wouldnt say its 'quick'.

for those of you who have been in my car, the lag is going away. it doesnt take as long to go from a vacuum to boost cut, and its almost got the same kick as the stock turbo now.

when i got home, i found there was a huge water leak. when i switch of the car, it just pours out. im hoping its just a split hose (i think its the bottom radiator hose), but im scared my radiator is fvcked or the waterpump?.... i really gotta get that fixed tomorrow.

its been about 4 to 5 months since ive done the turbo conversion, and im finally happy with it. today was the first time its been running sweet.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
sounds like waterpump

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found the leak.

its on the bottom radiator hose, its pouring out like a fountain! hehe.. waiting for the b!tch to cool down so i can fix it.. then im off to flutter (and gate) pedestrians all day long.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, i should have explained that..

the dude at the exhaust shop 'opened up' the ends of the cat.

basically he chopped off the small openings, and used some machine to make the new openings roughly 2.5"... get me?

not the same as a Hiflow but defently cheaper (free).

.. when we took off my other dump pipe, it was rediculous! it was like 2.25", then went to 2.5, and back to 2.25 (maybe 2" in some spots).. it had been chopped up and re-welded about 4 times.

there was one bend that would have been about an inch i think. it really explains alot.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I like it but I dont' love it
I only love my car it's only natural
time to go burn some fuel

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hey XsKaPe where did you get your exhaust done and how much? I'm looking into getting the whole lot done in one go from the turbo back.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
highpoint exhausts, near highpoint.

umm.. yeah, he will quote you around 700 for turbo back. try bargain a little though.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
400 with flex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts