Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://images29.fotosik.pl/54/5361a990e326c4bd.jpg

I'm real interested in those, I want a set. Are they power? I'd like some more photos and I'd definitely like to know MORE about these seats.

Thanks, kids.

Edit: Hey, I just noticed something; those seats are on the right side. Where'd that photo come from? And... yeah, I just need a little more info.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Hm... cant see much in that pic but they look almost like the JDM version of the LS seats offered in cloth, japan apparently isnt that big on leather.

In the US the LS almost always got leather while the base almost never got it. The seats were mostly different with the base version having less bolstering no power and an integrated head rest.

I have only seen pics of one base MX6 with leather over the base seats and the only LS style seats with cloth I have seen have all been forigne market cars.

I have seen JDM seats with what looks like suede inserts in the bolsters too.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Not sure if you got these in the U.S.

These are Connelly Leather, the same stuff that goes into Rolls Royce's and Bentleys

Mark

·
Registered
192 Posts
most of the early uk spec cars and j-spec cars we got over here had those seats. The j-spec i've just got my hands on has them but i'm buggered if i'm sending them anywhere coz they weigh too much. I also want to butcher the headrests so I can make a camera mount for when I go on a track day.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
most of the early uk spec cars and j-spec cars we got over here had those seats. The j-spec i've just got my hands on has them but i'm buggered if i'm sending them anywhere coz they weigh too much. I also want to butcher the headrests so I can make a camera mount for when I go on a track day.
Even if I paid for the shippings?
Rails should be the same, so if you unbolt everything from the seat itself, that would save on weight considerably...still likely several hundred dollars to ship.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
What the big weight gainer is, is the height adjustment and base...it's steel. The seat itself is a lightweight frame with foam :)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hiya,

Yes they are but were an optional extra.

Aluminium door sills were hard to find even when I bought them off Ebay 6 odd years ago.

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
The leather is looking like new Paula. Nice to see someone else looking after their 6. GJ!
Elmer

1 - 20 of 26 Posts