·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where and when?

This is my plan:

Thursday June 4th

-Leave Texas :'( sniff.
-I will be taking I-20 to I-10 all the way out to Cali. Starting out close to Tyler, TX this is the longest part of the trip so I may need a couch on this stretch

Friday June 5th: Chilling in Cali
-arrive in Chula Vista, California Late. -find a Seventh-day Adventist Church and go to church on Saturday. :grin2: / spend it with family

June 7: Sunday morning, Head to the city of Angels
- Leave early meet more family chill and stay till Wednesday morning. --- this would be the best time to meet up with people.

June 10: Modesto - leaving LA early and spending the day with yet more family.
- Yes my family is huge
June 11 Seattle, WA -- Bro time.
-Leave modesto early arrive in Seattle Friday.
-Meet up with my oldest bro.
-Saturday - Church.
-Chill till monday, Meet Seattle GD owners?

June 15 - Head to Goldendale, WA
-Meet up with my friend Trevor, hang out, tear up cars and what not. Sell my Old faithful GD

June 17 -Fly back to Dallas from portland, OR

I've been meaning to visit my family out on the west coast for years and now it is time to do it! My Buddy out close to Goldendale, WA wants to buy my old six so I'm driving it out to him. Of coarse family comes first but I would like to squeeze some time in with some GD Enthusiasts. While I'm at it if you need some parts I may have it and I can take it to you lol. I may even be willing to take a full F2T to you! While I am driving I may need a couch to sleep on if you live along some of the routes I will be taking, as long as you don't mind having a stranger over. Just a note I'm a non-smoker and don't drink. but I do love to work on GD's.

Hope to see you guys out there!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I will be out of town that weekend, or I'd offer a couch for you to crash in. I'll be back in town June 9th, maybe if you want to hit the yard, there's one about 15 mins away from here :) would be cool to meet up with you.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man! I love hitting the junk yards you never know what you will find.
Where are you located?

For anyone who is interested there is a nonturbo f2 shortblock for sale on ebay for 600 bucks. That i will be willing to throw in my trunk for someone. You will save about 150 bucks on shipping.

JIS engines is a reputable shop that my friends and others have used for years

·
Registered
45 Posts
where exactly are you located in texas, i live in shreveport la and am in desparate need of a replacement trunk . i bought the car a few months ago with the spoiler in the trunk and the trunk with 2-3 inch rust holes where spoiler used to be .

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where exactly are you located in texas, i live in shreveport la and am in desparate need of a replacement trunk . i bought the car a few months ago with the spoiler in the trunk and the trunk with 2-3 inch rust holes where spoiler used to be .

Whole cars can be found sometimes for about $500 could be worth doing since our cars are so old.

I'm only about an hour from you, Close to marshal, TX

·
Registered
105 Posts
Whole cars can be found sometimes for about $500 could be worth doing since our cars are so old.

I'm only about an hour from you, Close to marshal, TX

if you're going to Cholo Vista Urban Dictionary: cholo You might want to stop at Ecology Ecology Auto Parts Inc. We Buy Used Junk Cars & trucks, Cans, Scrap Metal, CRV Materials and Plastic Bottles for Cash or
Pick Your Part LKQ Pick Your Part salvage yards sell inexpensive, OEM used auto parts and accessories | We buy junk cars and trucks in any condition
I'm about 15 minutes away from Chula

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also, don't pick up Hitchhikers in New Mexico

You'll see signs for the State Prison saying not to pick up hitchhikers :lol: It takes roughly 12 hrs from El Paso to San Diego/Chula Vista

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry guys, i should have updated, i ended being busy the whole time in LA. I'm going to have to make the trip again and when I do I'm going to have to go with much more time. Literaly i was just bouncing back and forth from family to more family even doing that I still didn't visit everyone! Thanks for being open. See you next year?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts