Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Just thinking about going down (from Ottawa) to the DARKNIGHTS Nationals July 7-8 in Markham fairgrounds and was wondering if it's worth the trip down. Has anyone else here gone before.

Also would anyone want to get together at the same time there and hold our one mx6/probe meet since the TO meet in may didn't seem to work out for you guys. (who's idea was it to hold it on Mother's day???)

What do ya say?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am probably going to Darknights anyways so I think it would be a great idea to meet there.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Im IN!!!

I go there every year so this years no exception... i also got some great news.. im getting a 1st gen mx6 GT.. its 1988 5spd with no AC or sunroof but with everything else and its silver with a red interior and TURBO... i plan on making it VERY VERY FAST! hmmmm which one to bring? hey MX6GT... how are these cars? is there anythign i should look out 4 b4 i buy it and the only problem is the handbreak doesnt work.. do u know if that could be pricey?

·
Registered
176 Posts
My handbrake is busted too, I have yet to fix it. Bring your first gen, mine is silver with blue interior, you saw it at the first meet in scarborough. I am not really sure what to look out for because I bought mine for 300 dollars and then threw 700 at it to put it on the road and other than the clutch I haven't had to put any money into it. But I really love my car and I see lots of potential to make mine really fast too.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
certifiction???

how did it get certified with a busted hand break man? do u know any under the table certifiers... also how do u park up hills? also what did u fix when u first bought the car? what needed to be done?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The e brake busted after certification, my uncle is a mechanic and owns a shop down town so he did all of the work on it. I usually try and avoid parking on hills but if I have to I just leave it in gear and have the tires so that they are rolled into the curb. When I first got the car it needed a distributor cap, ingnitor coils, battery, exhaust(which i wanted to put on myself, because I would have liked after market exhaust). I think that was it there might have been something else, oh yeah and the rear left window was busted so I had to replace that.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
SEEN!!!

yo do u think u can call ur uncle and ask him to help out a fellow 6er? i really need to get a new car since my dad decided my 6 has gotta go so i really need this MX6 GT and for about 800 bucks its all good... all i gotta do is certify it and the only thing wrong is the E brake... if ur uncle certifies cars under the table or if he can fix some of the problems i got i would apprecite it.. thnx man...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I will talk to him this week sometime I think, he hasn't been to the shop in a while because he works in the movies and he just started a show, but never the less I will give him a call and run a few things by him.

·
Registered
579 Posts
hey speedstar! why do you have to sell your car?? can u email me full specs on it? cuz my friend's looking to buy a 6...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts