Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to find any body in Canada that can supply me with a wood grain dash kit. Does anybody here at all, know of anywhere in Canada, specifically Ontario where I could get a nice wood trim dash kit?

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated!

THX
:)

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Did you try talking with your Mazda dealer? I talked with mine because they had them on display and he told me they have someone come in and do the work. But they had all kinds of awesome looking trims and finishes including some awesome carbon fiber ones. He quoted me about 200$ for the job. I'm not in Ontario, I'm in Quebec but maybe they offer the same kind of thing...good luck!

bj

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kewl, I never thought of that, I'll try it and I'll keep ya posted on whast I find out :)

Thankx again

G

·
is it just me??

look i don't want to get anyones nose out of joint,
but i really want to know why the hell does anyone want to add PLASTIC wood... yes its plastic NOT wood to their car!
now binding with leather i could understand, painting it any color under the sun i could live with, but plastic wood???

i'm prepaired for closet wood lovers to... dare i say it come out of the wood work and flame my ass, but someone please try and answer me seriously why woodgrain??

damn it it is plastic pretending to be wood,
i wouldn't buy a carboard box, chuck it under my hood, label it turbo and expect my car to run harder!!

sorry i got a bit carried away, i feel quite passionate about this issue!! lol

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I'd be more interested in the carbon fiber look...but to each their own...I'm gonna leave my interior pretty much the same except maybe leather...

bj

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dooode

I have two tone light baige leather interior. If you look at other cars like maximas, and lexuses and others, they have a beautiful wood grain trim that matches very well with a light colored interior. It adds an essence of class to the inside of the car if you ask me,.. check out http://www.alkaplus.com, there is a few sample before and after pics on there and they look great. And its different then your run o the mil stock mx6. Its fairly inexpensive and it totally changes the way the car looks. So THAT is why someo ne would add plastic wood to their car. If my interior was black, then I would go for the carbon fiber look

cheers

G

·
FaiRz eNuFF

yeah,
i must admit i was naive enought to assume you had a dark interior and baige/wood would be complementry.
Also i have seen it work in a few cases....
but arn't you concerned wood grain will tarnish your ruffneck reputation, some of the boys might think your going a lil soft!!
nahh,.. jus playin wit ya! ;)
seriously...
dont know if you'll need it but good luck on your search, here in Aus. mx parts are rare as beer cracking monkeys!!
i know, i train them!
post a pic if you get it done,
luv to see how it ends out!
if you didn't know already. i believe the M edition actually came with wood out of the factory. There would hav to be a pic around that you could check out!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
hey ruffnek.... theres a store called BC auto and design up here in markham which sells a kit to make your current dash mimic imitation wood... i think its around 30 - 40 bucks, dont quote me on this... if ur interested i'll give u the number... persoanally painting mine yellow to match the soon to be exterior of my car...

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Suweet

I found this place in Scarborough (where I live) called ASC
the number there is 416-299-8400. They imported a dash kit for me in two days and Im getting it installed for $140.00CAD plus tax with a 3 year warranty!!!
they also do heated seats, add sunroofs, keyless entry and dash kits. Check it out if you are lookin for anyof this stuff. I will follow up with pics if you guys are intrested in seeing it :)

Lemme know... cause I just got a little digital camera too. Thanks guys
Peace

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
woohoo

So I just got it installed and it looks pretty good... actually its not even the color i wanted but it still looks DAMN GOOD!!!!! I'll hook up some pics real soon!!!

p.s. it looks reall really good with the tan leather interior..

p.p.s. how you know my name?? :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
hackers know a lot of information... mind if i just dial up your ip and take a few peeks of the pics myself? Just playin... i called a lady named karen who works there and she said you just got it installed because i wanna get mine done since i have a tan interior!! at first she was charging me $180 but then i just said your a buddy of mine and were in the same club and she said she'll give it to me for what u got!!! BTW im alex so now were even... im gettin the cali wood put in as well... my 6 is green but soon its gonna be yellow or atlas orange like the diablo at the auto show!! what do u think of that colour change? newayz hope u can hook up the pics soon... take it ez

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chillin

Hey thats kewl... it only took them like 25 minutes to do it up as well...

I was kinda bitter that they didnt let me watch though... thats the only thing that pissed me off :) but its all good.
where abouts are you located??
I think Im intrested in lowering my car, but I have no idea what I need to do this.. I think if I lowered it when I get the lopro tires it would look VERY tight!!

maybe you can help me out? I have a kickass mechanic in the scarborough area, he is a good friend of my brother's from high school.. Im sure he would help me out with the labour, but I just need to know what I need in order to lower just a couple of inches... I Don;t like the size of the gap in the wheel well, its kinda ghetto.. could ya help me out?
btw my email is [email protected]
any help you can give me is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
459 Posts
Re: chillin

Rufnek69 said:

I think Im intrested in lowering my car, but I have no idea what I need to do this.. I think if I lowered it when I get the lopro tires it would look VERY tight!!

I'm just in the process of lowering my 93LS. I'm putting in Tokico Illumina's and Ground-Control Coil-overs. This will lower it nicely to fill the wheel gap with my 17" Focal's. Also I'll be able to put it up higher if need be in someof the shitty weather and roads we can get around here. Lobour isn't really an issue a shop should be able to do this all within 4 hours. If you do it yourself CT will lend you a few tools and you and a bud could do it easily over a weekend. Learn more that way too.

I work up in Markham. What shop do you have hook ups at?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
in scarb

Its not really much of a phat hookup, aside from the fact that I know im not getting takin for a walk.. when he prices stuff for me, I know I can trust him :) how much coin does all that crazy stuff cost? not even including the labour? I just want my vec to look tight.. lowered lopro tires with big ass 5 star rims.. and of course a nice clutch and shift kit to make it that much more fun to drive :)

will lowering my car cause the ride to be less smooth? but handle better? im so iliterate when it comes to cars.. DoH
but hey, thats why I come here :p

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
hey ruffnek... for sure lowering springs will give the ride a better quality since your lowerng the centre of gravity to lose the roll u had when it was higher.. also aero dynamically it helps for some speed but it wont be noticeable... however by shortening the springs the leeway to absorb "rough patches" is less so therefore you will feel it more making for a not so comfortable ride but tokico shocks and/or struts help in this department.. also new shocks are recommended when getting springs since the OEM stocks will have more pressure of the car to deal with when the car is lowered.. hope this helps.. take it ez... BTW im in markham... kennedy and steeles.. 17 and livin it up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts