Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my dash (instrument panel) back lights have burned out...does anyone know how to change them???

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
There are a few screws on the facia that have to be removed then the speedo cable has to be taken of from the speedo clock, this is a bit tricky as you can only pull the instruments cluster out a little bit so slip your hand round the back off the cluster and it is usually a twisting action that allows the speedo cable to come free, then you can pull the cluster out a bit further detach the wiring plugs go to your dealership and buy a couple of dash light blubs they will prob come in a little holder's just remove the offending light and replace it with a new one, replacement of the cluster is the reverse of removal, make sure that the speedo cable is put securly back in place it can be a pain to get it right..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!!

Thanks for the help!! If I tried to do it without assistance I likely would have pulled some wires out or something!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
There is a hidden screw under a fake cover on the right side of the dash right next to the vent lever. Be sure to take it out.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh yeah, that hidden screw was a bitch! Too me a full day to find it when I removed my facia! Anyway, Steve, did you get the it done at the end? Was it easy?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts