Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two lights on my dash that stay on all the time. One is the "REAR" light is always on when my head lights are on. The other is "4w ABS" light. This light just turned on after I changed my shocks and springs. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
416 Posts
mak6, i had the same problem, first, the 4wabs means your low on brake fluid, just add some and itll go away, second, the rear light means you have a bulb out, which i didnt, so i figured it out to be just a corroded wire, hope this helps!

·
Registered
358 Posts
The 4W ABS (right side of dash) light means something is wrong with your ABS system - there is a way to pull ABS codes from the computer, but I don't remember how.
The parking brake light ( ! ) (left side of dash) is the one that indicates low brake fluid.

·
Registered
283 Posts
yeah the abs light means that there can be something wrong wit the wiring, cause when i got my tranny rebuilt my light was on and they just knocked it off by accident i highly doubt it has anything to do wit the fluid

G

·
Hey man. I had the same problem with my rear light on the dash. I thought that my lights were still working too, until I looked at them from a distance. There is actually two bulbs on each side, and one of them may be blown out. That fixed my problem--I hope it fixes yours!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts