Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there..

I'm in the middle of swapping my interior with another and as I went to connect the last wiring plug behind the dash, it doesn't fit!

Now I'm sure theres a good reason, the dash I'm swapping from is a 1997 LS ATX and the car its going into is a 1996 LS MTX. All other plugs connected fine, except for the 3 smaller plugs which go to the auto shifter. (Understandble). I've got a CEL light on the dash and when I try to read it with my OBDII reader, it doesnt pick anything up. It doesn't even record that it was connected to a car. The car does run/idle/drive fine though.

If anyone can help me out as to what to do about this last plug, or if I've gotta rip the wiring harness from the back of my original MTX dash, please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hmmmm, this confuses me too. That plug on your car's end (as opposed to the dashboard's end) looks similar to the one on my donor car, which was an ATX. The dashboard end looks to be curiously smaller.

If it isn't too much trouble (and it shouldn't be) I would say just use the harness from the back of your dashboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts