Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have purchased things from a few online shops in the good ol' USA and a few times they have blocked the sale after the fact saying something along the lines of, "We're sorry but that manufacturer does nto allow that product to exported to your area"!!! What a piss-off!!!

Any ways, i was wondering what CANADIAN or SUPER friendly, reliable, and able American shops you all have dealt with, know about, or have heard good things about?????

I really need to track down some Globe Chet Thomas IV (Khaki/Brown) skate shoes, so if anyone knows a good canadian skate shop online let me know that too!!

Other then eBay (obviously) i have dealt with www.tiretrends.com out of Vancouver. I will keep this post updated if someone wants to make it sticky??

Your turn....

Claeren.
============================
LISTING (28/10/03):
www.tiretrends.com TIRES
www.speedpartsdirect.com ALL - Talk to TONY or do 'parts request'

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Your telling me that NONE of you buy ANYTHING online????

WOW!

No wonder the .com bubble burst!!!!

geezz....

:)

Claeren.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I dont know, never bought anything from a canadian online retailer... they have all been from US!

claeren btw you got an accord?? 2003 wow!

·
Registered
411 Posts
www.speedpartsdirect.com

Talk to TONY!! He is a member of Onpoc and has great prices. He is also located in Ontario.... what more can I say about this guy! :)

~JOHN

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sick6 said:
I dont know, never bought anything from a canadian online retailer... they have all been from US!

claeren btw you got an accord?? 2003 wow!
If the US shop was easy to deal with and had good prices and all that jazz then put them up!!! Basically i am looking for anyone who has good support for their Canadian customers!!

Thanks man! The Accord is so sweet, so smooth, so posh.... people get in and they are like, "this is YOUR car?" and then, "THIS is an Accord?" and i am like.... "OH BABY, YEAH!" lol......

I will update the list with that new link! Thanks wanta6!!

Claeren.

·
Registered
763 Posts
eheheh shhhh
i got into an accord too
not as high roller as you, but...
:)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
crappy tire ain't to bad around here, considering there is nothing else here. lol, i have to go to moncton NB to find something descent :(

·
Registered
391 Posts
going to put an extra props out to tiretrends.com. have always been very helpful and excellent pricing. will probably go back for my 3rd/4th sets on the near future (GT & ES need rubber for the fall...)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just the other day i was looking over www.tiretrends.com reviews and i was shocked at how many mx6/626's there were! Good job all! :tup:

Claeren.

G

·
Try automotive-warehouse . com

Their site sucks, but a phone call will do the trick. Ask for Steve in the Showroom, I'm not sure if they ship (I live 5 min. away) Sorry if they don't.
I couldn't post the link direct, sorry.....I'm a noob :smokin:

·
Registered
499 Posts
I know this is through ebay, but he also has a shop in Mississauga. Arm-Can Auto parts. I bought the Control arm, sway links and inner, outer tie ends. His shipping is FAST! ! day to get my stuff ( I live in St Catharines) Well packed and in excellent shape.

I would also like to add that Automotive Warehouse took 6 weeks to ship in my VIS Invader bumper when they promised it in 3. Small beans but I had to rent a truck to get the sucker home. Imagine my anger when I couldn't pick it up OR get my car safetied.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
www.185performance.com

Ordered some poly control arm bushings from these guys. They're out of Colorado, but carry products from Aussie based SuperPro/Whiteline. Answered emails the same day, and my order was shipped the same day, with a UPS tracking number.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Globe Shoes

Hi there,

came across this thread when using Google to find references to Globe CT IV shoes in the colour brown. I've been looking for those for ages (used to have a pair of them; wore them till they fell from my feet) and I was wondering if you (Claeren) actually have come across a pair. and if so, would you be inclined as to share where you did?

Anyhow; thanks for your time,

Cheers,

D

·
Registered
185 Posts
I felt it might be useful to SOMEONE, to put up some common car audio part/install links/resources.

Beamriders Home Page - Beamriders - used them in the past and were great, cheapest install ever got, had anything I needed. They also do great detailing.

FUTURESHOP.ca - Future Shop - website sucks, stock is never as good as the others, but, they are almost everywhere, and do installs for cheap, often free when you buy the products there.

www.absound.com - even worse website then future shop. But, their installs are better than futureshops in quality. They will also, always have pretty much anything you want for car audio available.

craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events - Great for buying full cars locally, or ones being sold for parts. Often the electronics section has steals on car audio, and other random finds.

For those who use eBay, Toolhaus.org - This site lets you put in a sellers user ID, and view ALL of their negetive feedback comments. Look for trends. Also, they have a feature that lets you use the title of your auction as a searchable phrase, and can show you all the feedback that seller has received previously for the same product. This is very useful when shopping from eBays bigger sellers, as they often sell hundreds of the same item.

Hope someone can find some of this useful :)

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
tdotperformance.com. I bought an HID kit for my 2gen LS. Not fitted them yet but good price well packaged and reasonable delivery time. 1 week from processing my order to my door.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts