Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 93's KLDE appears to be dead. It seized up after spinning a few bearings. The crank is in rough shape. I've been online and making allot of calls trying to figure out options. Man this has been tough. Can't find a longblock or crank kit. It appears as if they aren't being made anymore. Very few KL motors on Ebay. What i did find was a few KFs. But honestly I don't want to take the risk w that and I don't care for KFs. So I'm thinking maybe going w a KLG4. But not hot on the idea of making tons of mods to accommodate it. Also, I'll be bringing the siezed Klde engine in peices to a machine shop soon to figure out what can be reused w my engine. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst. Any thoughts on alternatives?

·
Registered
280 Posts
There must be KLDE engines around. Many of them in models 626 and Millenia. Importers, JDM. I got a replacement KLDE engine and auto transmission off a Millenia. That was 4 years ago, and runs like new and uses no oil.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Should be able to swap some of the external items over and run a g4 pretty easy... don't think there's any more work than swapping a straight neck ze in. We have installed one, but very little run time before swapping again, temporary install/ fitment test while actual engine was being built. But it did run and drive for a couple weekends, then removed shortly after. I have run the g4 manifold on my car for years, slight movement of some vacuum lines and solenoids, but wouldn't go back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts