Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, the auto tranny has died once again, well third gear is anyway...so it looks like i'll be needing a rebuild. i was just wondering if anyone knew of any good transmission mechanics that would be able to fix it for me (alot of dodgey ones out there). anywhere around melbourne would be fine but something in the north-western suburbs would be better. also if anyone knows the costs involved for the rebuild i heard about $2000? also a place that gives a warranty would also be good.
thanks

oh btw its a 89 mx6 turbo....

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I dont' know any good ones in Melbourne but I have heard there are some real good ones who know this gearbox.

it should be around $2000 it's an almost standard price in Sydney
Problem is to make sure they do the work and they do the Torque converter and Use the correct parts and install it correclty.

Also treatign it nicely especially on the diff helps it's life span.

A good place might know sometihng about the modding the oil pump to make it work more and keep the unit cooler, it's main problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats what i need... someone who knows what their doing, this will be the second time the tranny has died, the last was about a year ago when the car was just 3 months old. so yea i wont be taking it back to that place...

anyways someones gotta know a good mechaninc in melbourne...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Take it to RATCO in dandenong. They did mine. Just make sure they use new parts and not second hand, as rumour has it they use 2nd hand parts

Don't ask me what I'm doing up at 5:39am. I'm sobering up and am waiting for my 2nd 808 wagon to be delivered! (yes I bought another one for parts!) hehe

Regards

Zako

1 - 4 of 4 Posts