Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I live in Australia and my sister has a 1989 Ford Telstar 2.2 turbo with the IHI RHB5-VJ11 turbo fitted (I beleive this is identical to the engine fitted to the MX6 and 626 turbo of this era).

I am having trouble locating a second hand replacement VJ11 at a reasonable price and would like to know if you guys have any idea where I could get one (even internationally if it's cheap enough) or I would like to know what other options I have?

I have heard of someone fitting an RX7 turbocharger without any problems. My sister is not a performance nut, she just wants to get from A-B and solve the problem with a minimum of fuss with something that will do the job as good as the origional one. So are there any other bolt-on options that won't require remapping the ECU or modifying anything else? I would rather track down an RHB5-VJ11 for her though.

I would be grateful if you could please email me [email protected]

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Mark.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You can rebuild the origial turbos to factory specs quite easily. There are many places in the US that do it and there should also be a few in AU that do this also. Look for the cost to be about $500 AU dollars or so to get it rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I agree with Manifest, getting that one rebuilt would be the best thing. They can even upgrade it for about the same price, and her car will be even faster.

Last I checked, it costed about $400 US--have no idea what it would cost there.

Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2 IHI RHB5 but the only problem is i live in Dominican Republic all i want for each is US 200.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got a quote MX-6 turbo rebuild.(Brisbane, Australia)

$848 to rebuild the turbo to factory spec. includes labour to remove from car and refit.
$1200 for as above but including high flow upgrade.

prices in AU dollars, to convert to US dollar dive by 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts