Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess everyone has some dealership stories, eh?

My local one replaced CV joints, busted an axle oil seal as part of the job (which they owned up to and said they'd cover al the costs - how generous) then tried to charge me for the axle seal work and parts.

They also tried to charge me ("I don't know how that slipped on the invoice!") for an airbag recall and an emissions recall.

Come on guys, that's a mild one. Let's here some more.

·
Registered
193 Posts
well I suppose not a big deal but awhile back I had my pretty ride towed into a Mazda dealer in Stroudsburg, PA for bad distributor problem and low and behold a couple of days later I paid and went to drive it out and it was FILTHY! It didn't even rain, there must have been a friggin duststorm or something. Rat bastards.

G

·
0 Posts
Took my MX to the dealers once to have the front wheel bearings replaced. Came back with a terrible brake shudder. I mean terrible. Almost vibrated the steering wheel out of my hands. Took it back to them and they said it was oil and grease on my discs and cleaned it up. Still shuddered. Took it back, and they said there was nothing they could do about it. That was the way the car is when I brough it in..and it's gonna cost $xxxx to fix it. BULL!

Well, I tried a few things to fix it. Clean the pads and disc again, even replaced the pads. Eventually took it to a machine shop to skim the discs.

Turned out the dealers didn't mark the discs when they removed it, and put it back in a different position. Till today they claim it weren't their fault. Oh dealers.. I don't need them in my life. Have a couple of other stories too, but wil save them for another time. :)

Happy MX6-ing
Cheers

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Well guys, you don't know how good you've got it having Mazda dealers to do work you choose to farm out. You should try taking, say, a 2G PGT to a Ford dealer for any kind of work. At least Mazda dealers generally know what "DOHC" means :E

Fortunately, I've found a sympathetic Mazda dealer that is willing to do work to my Probe that I don't have the tools/time/desire to do myself and I've never really been disappointed (knock on wood.)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh man, you got me started. You asked for it. I am in college and it is quite some distance from my home town dealer, which I trust completely, because my father knows most of the mechanics becuase he grew up with them. They always do a superb job in fixing what is wrong and giving me a fair price for the work. Well, I bought my six about a year ago excatly and I drive it to where I am now. On the way here on the interstate I notice that every once in a while when I use my brakes, I see smoke and smell burnt pads. Well I immediatly take it to the dealership that is in the next town over and they inspect everything and said everything was fine and if it happens again to bring it back. Well in the mean time, my car starts to die when I come to a stop, so I take it in. Well it was the ICV and decarbon, wires, and plugs = $900. I about craped my self. Then the brakes just completely crapped out on me. They couldn't diagnose my brake problem until I had no front brakes at all! Two new calapers, two rotors, and 4 pads =$700. Once again I soiled my self. When I left with my car "fixed", I had a mushy brake peddly and the right front would always lock up, even at slow speeds. I take it back. They couldn't find the problem so they bled the brakes for no cost. I drive it away. The problem is still there. I take it back and finally they tell me it is a porportioning valve in the break system is not working so they replace it and while they do that, they blow my master cylinder. They said they would pay for labor. Lucky me. Valve and master cylinder=$400. Again, you can imagine what I did to my self. Just recently I had H&R sport srings put on and it only cost $200, which I thought was pretty reasonable, well they put my springs on knowing that my struts were bad and that I would have to replace them, but did they tell me. No. So I had to basicly pay for instilation of new rear struts, to reinstal my springs, and to realighn my car only two weeks after I had they H&R's put on and the alighnment done. cost=$900 By now by pants are pretty full. later I was talking to a guy I know that has a GSR, real nice guy, and his car is fast as hell. Well it turns out that he has his own speed shop and he told me he would have done that work for about 1/3 the price that I paid and next time to come talk to him first. Oh I hate dealerships very very very very very very very very much. Sorry about the spelling errors, I was on a role and didn't check for errors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts