Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering removing the 3 badges on the trunk lid. However, there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to get at them from the inside, as the metal covers them. Is there a simple way to get at them......or do you have to pry them off, and risk gouging the outside of the trunk lid ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently removed the v6 badge on my 94 and let me tell you, it's a pain. I recommend a heat gun to try to warm up the glue underneath to make it easier to remove. I also used a razor blade to chip away at the glue without damaging the paint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Mazda badge has 2 posts that hold it in, and there are 2 holes in the trunk lid. I believe there are posts holding on the MX-6 badge as well, 4 I think? But don't quote me on that. They should just pop off.

Like Dmize1 said, the V6 badge is just held on by adhesive and a heat gun is the best way to remove it. A plastic razor blade can be helpful to pry it up, without damaging your paint.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I will do it, maybe not. I get quite a few people asking about the car when driving around. Debadging would create more mystery about it.

·
Super Moderator
2,149 Posts
2 posts on the Mazda and Mx-6 badges, there's a "post clamp" on each post that will come off if you pry the badge off. It will leave holes in your trunk that needs filled and then painted. Its not a terrible job. I did it years ago with limited skill. I think the car's curves are amazing and dont need badges. Besides I like the mystery, and dumb questions. Like, Is that a 240sx?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used a heat gun and fishing line to remove the badges. To remove the adhesive residue, the 3m adhesive remove is a great product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts