Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning my system for my mx-6 (hey i just got it! aznd needless to say the system from my jeep will NOT be suited to the mx6 very well)

basically my plan is: keep the stock headunit in its place as a decoy (no one steals stock decks heh)... and run a "blackout" deck below it in the open pocket i have there. something like the DMask kenwoods or kameleon series by JVC.. i noticed a few others by sony (i wont buy them) and aiwa (i wont buy them either)

wondering if there are any others, otherwise i'll go with the kenwood... but the kenwood dmask is kinda obvious... i mean it still LOOKS like a radio. lol

also - trunk space is very important to me... has anyone tried mounting a 10" or 12" sub on the rear shelf - in between the two factory speaker openings? of course it will be a sealed enclosure from underneat, firing into the cabin... and of course it wouldnt REALLY be mounted to the shelf, just kind through it, with mdf reinforcements... i ultimately want to put an adire shiva 12 in the mx6 - but i hate trunk bass!!! If i have to keep it to the trunk, i would still be cutting holes into my rear shelf to let it fire into the cabin.

what about custom rear kickpanels to house 8" mid bass ? i rarely if ever carry rear seat passengers... but dont want it to be vulnerable to getting stepped on ya know?

thats it for now.. as for the rest im putting components up front, stock location in the door, with an mdf template (5.25" speaker in the stock 5x7 location - tweeters at a-pillars) and some average 5x7's for rear fill. front will be amped, rear will be from deck, since i hate wasting watts just for rear fill... :p honestly i dont even need rear speakers they way i usually set up my systems, so i may nix them altogether if i throw 8" midbass on the rear floor.

·
Registered
100 Posts
check my sig for the kind of radio i have...it's great sounding(44x4) and when it flips over, can't even tell there is a radio in there.})

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sony CDX-M series (ie. CDX-M610, CDX-M670, CDX-M770). Trust me, you won't regret it. These look good and sound magnificent!

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heh, i have personal issues with sony... lol not to do with their sound quality or anything... just some bad warranty dealings in the past.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Go with the Kenwood. It looks great in there and is really a good unit. If you want it match a little better try to get an old damaged unit for the trim ring and back panel for the face. The older 11 series 711, 811, etc... has a matte black look that is really close to the stock texture of the MX-6 dash. I've got a 811 in my car and it blends in great.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kool! the concencus seems to be the kenwood unit... so i will most likely go withthat one

thanks for the advie guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts