Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for some rims - as light or lighter than stock, but in a 16" or 17" size, and also around 120-150 each.... doable?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Look for some used 3G RX-7 wheels. They were really light - I think about 16 lbs each!. Do some research though as some had cracking problems. The offset is also different, which is the main reason I didn't go with them.

·
Registered
511 Posts
i think those rx7 rims are 13.8 lbs each. i remember reading that number. just get some spacers and you're set.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but arent spacers almost as much as rims themselves?

lets say i spend 400 for a set of used rx7 rims.. arent spacers like 80 each ? :p

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm really not sure how much spacers cost, but I think you're guessing way high. However, a decent set of 3G RX-7 rims will likely set you back more than $400.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah - i havent priced them... but i knwo spacers for the jeep were at-least 80 when i was shopping (when you put wider tires on, you need to either get a wheel with different backspacing, or move your stock wheels out to prevent them from rubbing the control arms..)

that was 2 years agao and it was at least 80 per wheel for a spacer. i just got new rims for a little more each.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Call Corkspork if you're interested. I think it was Derek that I talked with about the RX-7 wheels when I ordered some other stuff from them.

www.corksport.com

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoah! thats 1800$ a bit more than i planned on lol.

i really cant dump a lot into rims.. maybe in the future when i go up in size, but for now just something that would look better than stock with a body kit.. im thinking 16" or somethin. ( i have 14" now boooo!)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I personally always liked the 17" Konig Villains though they aren't all that light. A friend of mine has them on his 300ZX. I've also seen them on 6's and they look great. Not too expensive either.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just found a set of spacers on corksport.. 215 for 4. still too much $ IMO... i'd rather just get different rims since rx7 rims are wayy expensive for me at the moment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts