Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm generally always a lurker on any forum I'm part of...I bought my first mx6 2.0 I4 yesterday and am looking for fun stuff to do with it. It is a project car and getting it mechanically sound is the first step, so I'm reading all I can about common issues with these vehicles and what will be best done.

I'm a self-taught mechanic and a supermoto racer. I am definitely not completely unfamiliar with engines. You can always learn something new from someone else though and I definitely don't consider myself an expert by any means. I'll try to help where I can and look forward to help from you all.

Mostly, I guess I'm just proving that I'm a real guy here so that I can start using the valuable tools when it comes time that I need them. I can't even count how many threads I've already read, and plan to search hundreds more before I find myself needing to ask a question...see you on the flip side:angel:

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Is your new car an automatic or manual? If it's an automatic, changing the transmission fluid every three or so oil changes will dramatically lengthen it's life.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since it has been brought up...how often would I need to looking into changing the tranny fluid on a stick? My Dodge half ton is about every 60,000 and it usually needs a clutch around then too, so I always kill the two birds with one stone. With me not towing with the MX6, would I still be on the same schedule?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
When you change the clutch you'll be pulling at least one axle so you'll be losing some fluid as it is. Just go the rest of the way and pull the drain plug to change it.

50k miles on tranny fluid is fine with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts