Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking at mainly probe gt's and 1st and 2nd generation mx6's. i've decided i would probably like the v6 much better. i've heard of guys putting turbos in probe gt's and gaining around 230 hp's. give me reasons why i should look more into the 2nd gen. mx6's.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I can't said the MX6 is a much better car, because I had a 93 probe GT before I carshed it. But if you compare their interior, I think the MX6's interior is more detail then the Probe. Probe's AC controls are Knobs, while the MX-6 has push button. Over all I do like the MX-6 better, but do your own comparison.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The cars are pretty much the same what you can do for one you can do for the other. I chose the MX-6 for a couple of reasons. One, there's less of them out there so having one makes us all different. And two, the Probe can't come close to the MX-6 in styling; interior and exterior both. I really don't like the back end of the Probe's especially. I think you should check them both out and get the one that appeals to you the most. Either one can be built the same for the same amount of money so it really just comes down to which one you think looks better.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
if u have a mx6 u r very cool cause not to many people have them, lots of people have probes, fix up a 6 it will be nicer and last longer but the probe is a good car too

125 Posts
I think any 6'er that's on this site will agree that we get off when girl's ask "what kind of car is this?" you will never get that in a probe.....other than that aesthetically speaking most people will agree that if you plan to go show the mx6 and supra are probably the cars that dress up the best as far as looks go. either way you go we'll still talk to you....lata'

·
Registered
488 Posts
Probably your biggest decision is going to be if you want a trunk or a hatchback. That was what got me in to looking at the car in the first place, I got tired of having a a hatchback with my Eclipse. My girlfriend and I were at the Toyota lot looking at Celicas and she wnated to look at a Miata so we wandered over to the Mazda dealership. I saw this pretty cool looking car and had the salesman show me the engine, interior and trunk and I was sold. Big ass trunk, I was very heavily in to stereo systems at the time, a V6 so it had some balls for accelerating over hills while in 5th and a really sharp interior. Been my baby for 6 years going now.

Oh damn, I'm way off the topic of this post. Just figure out if you want a hatch or trunk and go for the one you like the best.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Like everyone's saying, The MX6's style superceeds that of the Ford Probe. At least in my eyes. I was actually looking to get a PGT instead of a MX6 but as soon as I saw an MX6 for th efirst time, I fell in love with it not knowing that they are basically the same car. As far as the interior on a PGT, the seats are unconfortable and the dash layout and knobs are unsatisfactory. Th eMX6 has nicer seats and the dash seems to flow with the curves of the car. If you're looking to mod your car once you get it, I would take a look at some of the member's sites and check out what they have and aesthetic mods they have installed just to see what your car will look like in the future. Again, it's all up to you..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
funny you should mention

JPMX6GT. your car is awesome! i like the way the kit looks. its perfect for what i'm looking for. not too aggressive and perfectly styled. just one question. how much did it cost? i just want an idea for how long it will take until i actually own a car that cool. i think you just made up my mind. thanks

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The kit was $600 bucks.. I actually went to Erebuni in NYC and picked it up. To install and paint $800.

All you need to make a car "LOOK" cool is rims,springs and a body kit. Just think. if you get the car, With like $3000 you can have it look just like that. Rims and kit costing most of the $3K. But still..... For me, it's a hobby so I don't mind... It took me about a year and a half to get it like that... Leaving time off in the winter and such...

Good luck!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, i just don't wanna make it "look" cool, for me, the first thing i do to any car is with the engine. and modifying cars is definitely my favorite hobby so i don't think i'd mind the work, it'll be the price that bothers me. well, thanks for your help. hopefully in about a year i'll be back with pics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts