Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
wow im amazed that they would publish such a thing... i figured that would be some kind of top secret spy type shit... cool though

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not 1989 anymore.. this isn't neccessarily relevant in regards to current F1 rules & regulations.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
ahh i didnt see late 80's i thought it was current specs and such i was wondering... thanks :)

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah whenever there is a big change in racing, the now "old" technology is not nearly as "confidencial" as it once was when it was relevant. F1 rules are very dynamic, I'm surprised we didn't see this sooner. In MotoGP (which is F1 racing but with bikes esentially) They went from the 990cc bikes down the 800's in 2006. A detailed book showcasing the technology that went into the 990cc machines came out very shortly after. Obviously a lot of technology was transferred over to the small bikes/engines, but what wasn't was made available in the book. It was an amazing read.

Truely amazing the technologies that are being refined years ahead of before they'll ever see the production lines. MotoGP is basically 3-5 years ahead of what we currently have available in the showrooms.
I'd be interested to see the time delay for these technologies in F1 classes and so forth.

F1 used to be EXTREMELY intense in the early 90's, with those 6 wheeled cars of that era. (4 small ones in the front for steering).
However too many racers were being killed as a result.... so they toned it down significantly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts