Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a pic of it, but I saw it at the junkyard a while ago, and bought it for $400 bucks.

A red 1988 MX6 GT, with a Ractive filter, two guages installed on the pillar (boost and temp.), custom interior (trim painted red, other things painted red, etc) shift boot and knob, both black/red theme. Windows tinted pretty fcking dark, and a sticker on the back windshild that was a nascar one with a big number three. That's about all I remember. It was cold, so my uncle and I bought it and drove it back, that was the end of it for now.

It was junked because it had a blown turbo and something else wrong with it, can't remember, but it drove (needed a jump).

Just wondering if anyone on here owned it. I'm in Marshfield, MA. It was in a junkyard in Carver.

And if you did own it, then why do you have a boost gauge and no controller? And if you do have a controller, where the bloody hell is it? I looked all around the engine bay and couldn't find it. Maybe I didn't look hard enough?

Anyways, it'd be cool to find who owned this car! From what the old owner told the guy at the junkyard, it hauled ass before it kicked the bucket.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I had my lines so short on my MBC that most wouldn't even notice it. But yeah, that GT sounds interesting. Even if they aren't modded tastefully, its neat to see a GT in person that someone has toyed around with.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, everything's in there. It's like the person just said "fck it" and junked the car, probably just happy to get the $100 or so for it.

I'm just glad I found it. I got a nice exhaust, intake, gauges, red trim (if i want to, probably not.) and probably more stuff, too.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Man did you ever luck out with that find. I've been looking everywhere for a GT and cant find them. Fucking new england

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh, I know. I was just looking for an exhaust at first, and quickly saw that it had one. So we asked the guy, but he wouldn't part it out, he knew that they were rare. So I got it for $400, which is great.

And speaking of rare, I don't think that I've ever seen a 1st gen MX-6 around here ever. Hm.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
There's at least one near Worcester (his name on here is LoktaiEx I believe).

There's a few 1g Probes in the area as well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
kuso said:
And speaking of rare, I don't think that I've ever seen a 1st gen MX-6 around here ever. Hm.
There's two up rt 93, owned by the same guy. One's a southern car with 50 something thousand miles in MINT condition that he sniped from a local car lot for $3500. If you look underneath this thing it's absolutely spotless, and even the firewall is spotless. It's definitely the cleanest first gen in this area, without a doubt.

-Todd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.