Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did some one make/tern up on a lathe some brass bushes for the gear shift linkages? ...

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I made up some Nylon ones I could make brass ones
I used stock ones for specs but because most have worn - what I do is trail and error

and it's in the wagon now. the advanage of nylon type is it wears better then the plastic rubber type they use. And they don't slop fit like the replacement ones did.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i made some for myne out of a series of carbon fibre and brass tubes..

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea.. that's prolly what i as thinkn on... but i know the a spec actually has different sized stick ones (same size as ours at the box end)
ill prolly just get some new rubber ones from mazda then and turn some up next time at work.could make them out of brass or nylon depends whats kicken around..
. cheers
oh any one else want some?.. just for a guesstamate... but yea if ive got enough time ill make up a bunch..

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I couldnt stomach the $80AU cost for them with currency conversion (when stockers are like $15 from Mazda). A cheaper set I would be up for :).

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Alot cheaper to make yourself if you can.
costs me nothing but time.

I must admit but - I've considered due to the amount of bronze bushes we go through at working adding and extra set of 4 or on order and get me a reamer to match and install some of them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was looking at doing some brass ones for short shifter which had an oversize bolt hole.

I'd be up for some of those brass or nylon bushes to go in the stocker though.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yea the us ones are a bigger hole on the bot of the shaft and well as for costing time rod I'll make em up on the clock at work . Cheep nuf 4 ya? I'll make a bunch and we can all get down on them when I get back.my treat Will be like 2 months but.
Has amy one got some new ones and a vernia?
I prolly could work it out I have a couple of sticks and bolts, but I'd have to get under the car to mesure the gap on the salector rod.
Not that that's a big deal, but I'm seriously pressed for time this trip I'm away again on sat(only got to Oz yesterday)
Unless someone wants to do the horizontal work and send me the info?

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
A guy from the states is making them....see this thread :

http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-general/221550-needed-transmission-shifter-link-sizes.html

I bought two sets put one in both the GC and GD.....

Yeah, theyre probably not that complicated to make, but this is one of those time when I couldnt be arsed doing it myself, and needed some quickly.

with the dollar conversion they ended up being about $15ea, which doesnt look like good value, but as I said, i was in a bit of a hurry so I paid up.

they work well.

There was a guy making Nyloil ones on clubprotege too, but he went MIA....
so I went with these.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Next time I'm under the car I'll get the verniers out and take some measurements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts