Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you're talking about the back doors it would be a 'gullwing', the front doors are vertical. IMO sedans look goofy with vertical doors, and honestly, who spends enough time in their car to make good use of a flip down big screen? I know it's a show car but, would you go out to the garage and sit there by yourself - in your car - playing video games? Wtf?! haha..

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
u gotta love those crazy ideas!!
thats a nice idea i like
i wouldn't have it on my 6 tho! hehe

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
[Danjamin] said:
If you're talking about the back doors it would be a 'gullwing', the front doors are vertical. IMO sedans look goofy with vertical doors, and honestly, who spends enough time in their car to make good use of a flip down big screen? I know it's a show car but, would you go out to the garage and sit there by yourself - in your car - playing video games? Wtf?! haha..
No, you wouldnt. Its a show car, which is why I think having a big TV like that is kinda stupid. That car isnt even driveable. Ill bet he parks it all year long, just to keep it looking like that.

"Lets put huge ass TVs in my car so that I can put it on a trailer and take it to car shows and have people look at it, and never ever ever drive it"

I respect show cars, but id rather have a street car than a show car or a track car

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Chrissmazdamx6 said:
No, you wouldnt. Its a show car, which is why I think having a big TV like that is kinda stupid. That car isnt even driveable. Ill bet he parks it all year long, just to keep it looking like that.

"Lets put huge ass TVs in my car so that I can put it on a trailer and take it to car shows and have people look at it, and never ever ever drive it"

I respect show cars, but id rather have a street car than a show car or a track car
you say he probably garages it all the time which is really only half true, I HIGHLY doubt only one person owns that car, it is most likely owned by a company/corporation, called a demo vehicle. It's sole purpose is to show products to the public. These are the crazy extreme cars you see at shows. I would almost guarantee this isn't some guy with a few sponsors showing off his car.

As far as the gullwings go, it would be quite literally impossible on our car as we have no top door frame. So there is nowhere to bolt the door to the car at the top.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Chrissmazdamx6 said:

I'm still trying to determine whether this was an attack or not? I'll reiterate, "I know it's a show car" and I'll simplify my first post: "I like practical things, that car is the essence of impracticality, therefore I do not like it." And the rest was a joke. Also, I agree with Kansasmx6's post about the difficulty of installing gullwing doors on a car with no door frames. It would be a very difficult and costly procedure.

·
Registered
891 Posts
it would be funny if someone can modify and use that back steering wheel to drive

·
Registered
891 Posts
ozmojo1 said:
Well like you said...."Its a show car" It not made to be driveable. Its made so shooowww.
it would be a show car if some one was seen driving in the backseat

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Thats how shiny my 6 was the day I got it back from paint :( God how I miss that day.

Look at the lip on the back wheels :eek:

and no, Danjamin, that wasnt a personal attack. I was just explaining why he would put TVs in his car, and using my explanation to make a rant on why I dont like show cars

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I know thats a corporate sponsored show car. I think the same companies did one for HIN this year in chicago. I remember seeing one similar to that there when we went this season. The money spent on a car like that is almost wasted finance. You can tell the car isn't even street legal, no seat belts or anything and something with that much custom done to the integral parts of the frame I doubt would even ride right on the street. If there is one thing a car is built to do it is to be DRIVEN. Personally not my taste for an interior with that many electronics. I mean BustBuy is probably jealous of that car! lol I'm not trying to hate, just saying that 90K could have been better spent.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts