Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Its not worth the money buying the parts to convert an 03 to a ZE...... you need different camshafts, a reprogrammed ECU, and different manifolds...... The overall cost is about 300 bucks short of what it costs for a whole KLZE engine from Corksport........

Mike

·
Registered
299 Posts
And you can actually get a KLZE from a different importer for cheaper than the parts from corksport...... Search for good importer names......

Mike

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
MX6 Boy, have you ever put yoru ZE on the dyno, or seen a sheet of the ZE on teh dyno?? i have a friend with one in his probe and his did not dyno as high as he thought it would.

doesnt the ZE come out of different cars in Japan, and it depends on which car you get it out of will demand the Hp you get??

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thats also what I have heard, that different ZE's get different output and you have to specifically request one out of a MX6 for it to have those posted numbers of 200 hp.

Mike

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know it would probably cost more to try to up my 03, but if I do I will probably be putting out more than 200. My engine is in perfect condition, I dont want to put an engine in my car that I dont know what happened to it. I will be putting all new cams, intake manifold... So it will be like a new engine, for a little more than what I would pay for a ze.

·
Registered
543 Posts
here is a link with those numbers for youhttp://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/5335/ze9397.htm

All of the 2.5 V6 KLZE's puut out the same hp(195) and torque(170) at the crank. The only diferences are the jspec mx-6 motor torque peeks at higher rpms. Sometimes, motor sales man will confuse the 2.5 v6 with the 2.0 v6 which also comes in the MX-6 wich only puts out 170 hp. Make sure that you order the right motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts